2013 Employers Connect – San Francisco, CA
Event on 2013-05-23 08:00:00
Brought to you by DirectEmployers and
Registration, Breakfast & Networking
Welcome & Host Introduction by Charles Schwab
Powering your Online Presence with a Simple, Smart SEO Solution Ronda Johnson, Digital Strategist, DirectEmployers Association
With over 613 million employment-related searches conducted each month, search engine optimization is no longer just for internet marketers. Over the recent years, employers have found online recruiting more and more difficult as competition for top search engine positioning has grown. Some employers have delved into the field of search engine optimization (SEO) head first only to find a multitude of constant changing elements, leaving them unsure of how to begin optimizing their corporate career pages. To better help employers reach job seekers, DirectEmployers has developed a simplified SEO solution, the .JOBS top-level domain (TLD). The technology behind the .JOBS platform offers employers a powerful approach to search, social, and mobile initiatives giving employers a truly direct connection to relevant candidates. During this session, you will:
- Unlock the basics of SEO and discover, step-by-step, just how simple it is to integrate SEO into your current online recruiting strategy
- Learn how to leverage the .JOBS SEO platform to drive job seeker traffic to your corporate career sites, cutting out the middleman and streamlining their hiring cycle
- Gain a basic understanding of proof of concept and analytics data to justify your online recruitment strategy
- See examples of how employers like IBM and IHG are utilizing the .JOBS platform to reach candidates, promote their employer brand and build their online presence
Building an Inclusive Strategy: Veterans/Military, Diversity & Disability Panel Discussion
Many companies are committed to integrating initiatives into their overall operations and realize the value of diversity as a vital factor in achieving the strategic goals of their organizations. Forward-looking companies focused on diversity undoubtedly gain a marketplace advantage in our increasingly complex global business environment. In addition, the OFCCP has proposed regulations for 4212 and 503.
Through this session you will:
- Learn how you can champion the cause of diversity, disability, and veteran/military support in your own organization
- Discover best practices for establishing a reputation for inclusion to attract the most talented recruits
- Develop corporate diversity to include initiatives around veterans and military, people with disabilities, internships and college as well as women and other diverse backgrounds
- Receive a list of helpful resources and information on the latest news, trends, statistics, books and awards related to diversity, disability, and veteran/military
Making the Most Out of your ATS: The Value of Source Coding
Michael Center and Todd Burns, iCIMS
iCIMS’ Senior Product Specialist will discuss the importance of source-coding distribution outlets to get the most of your recruitment budget. He will showcase success stories on how organizations have been able to improve business process by tracking and evaluating the effectiveness of their varied recruiting channels. The presentation will also highlight how organizations can utilize source effectiveness reports through their applicant tracking systems to better allocate recruitment resources, and ultimately strengthen their current hiring processes.
Lunch & Social Media 101: Understanding Strategy & Impact
Katie Pfledderer, Manager Social Media, DirectEmployers Association
Companies not using social media could be missing out on top talent, but with a constantly changing landscape, knowing what platforms to use and how to develop a solid strategy can be overwhelming. This presentation will help attendees understand the major social media platforms, the building blocks of a solid plan, provide sample success metrics and share some real world examples and best practices from many of DirectEmployers' member companies. The session will also raise awareness around mitigating legal risks and highlight helpful resources for creating or updating social media policies.
*Agenda subject to change
#rethinkDE. It's a simple idea. We want our Members to understand the true depth and innovation going on at our Association, while also having an easy way to join the conversation. As part of this effort, DirectEmployers will be using the #rethinkDE hashtag during all online and in-person events. Now, whether you're able to register or not, you won't miss out and can provide your insight.
See you May 23rd!
at Charles Schwab & Co.
251 Fremont Street
San Francisco, United States