Small Business Marketing Intensive Nov 2013
Event on 2014-01-07 09:00:00
Introduction to Web Marketing and Advertising for Small Business: A Comprehensive Introduction to Getting Found, Communicating With Your Customers, and Making More Sales
The Internet revolution has fundamentally changed the way people shop for both products and services. Marketing tools and techniques that worked as recently as 5 years ago are not delivering the same results. The good news is that your company can use powerful web-based tools to spread your message, connect with fans and customers, and build your business.
In this workshop series, you'll learn simple and straightforward strategies for getting more clients – from local search, social media, content development, advertising, analytics, and much more. You'll learn it all in this comprehensive marketing series! We focus on low-cost/no-cost methods to get found online, and how to integrate online and off-line marketing activities into a total marketing package. This series is a bit different from our usual seminars; classes are participatory and hand's-on, taught by industry experts. Light snacks and lunch are included in your tuition. Marketing Intensive Part 1- Tuesday, January 7th 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Module 1 – Who's Your Audience? Focusing Your Marketing Efforts for Maximum Effectiveness
It's a buyer's market today – and the Internet continues to revolutionize the way organizations attract customers. To get the most out of every marketing dollar, you need to clearly identify your company's specific target audience(s) and use the right tools to reach those individuals. Web marketing offers you fabulous, low-cost opportunities – but it's easy to do too much, or try a shotgun approach. In this session you'll learn how to:
- Identify and focus on your target audience with laser intensity.
- Assess your brand's identity in the marketplace and improve your position with customers.
- Analyze your target audience's needs, wants and desires – and determine the best marketing tools to meet them.
- Create a strong inbound web marketing strategy to attract more buyers than ever before.
- Use social media to connect with your buyers on a local, national and global basis.
- Craft a comprehensive marketing strategy to make the most effective use of your time and dollars.
Module 2 – Reaching Customers With Compelling Marketing Messages and Intriguing Content
Once you know who you're targeting, you need strong, compelling marketing messages to attract their attention and drive action. The name of the game today in web marketing is “content.” Effective content drives customer engagement and buying decisions. But the challenge is to create the “right” content and share it strategically. Building on the customer identification you did in the first session, you'll learn how to:
- Craft specific messages that connect deeply with your target audience.
- Win your customer's attention with engaging stories and other customer-centric content.
- Grow customer engagement via podcasts, videos, photos, contests and other simple content ideas.
- Increase the number of contacts, leads, and customers by integrating online and off-line marketing activities.
- Integrate press releases and other publicity tools into your marketing plan.
- Create dynamic content that engages your audience and increases your SEO results.
Marketing Intensive Part 2 – Tuesday, January 14th, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Module 3 – Attracting Customers with Effective Websites and a Strong Online Presence
A strong online presence begins with an effective website, well-integrated with social media and other online tools. But how do you know if those marketing tools are effective? Use Google Analytics and other search tools to evaluate site performance. You can improve your search engine rankings and customer conversions by making some quick changes. In this session you'll learn how to:
- Showcase your company via websites, portfolios, and other online platforms.
- Tap into the power of local search and online listings.
- Build a total web presence with your website as the key anchor.
- Keep tabs on your industry, thought leaders, and the competition with Google Alerts.
- Optimize your website for improved SEO and site rankings.
- Measure target audience impact with Google Analytics and other measurement tools.
Module 4 – Increase Customer Engagement with Easy And Inexpensive Web Advertising Campaigns
Online advertising can produce big returns with a modest investment – and you can manage the campaigns yourself. Social media makes it easy to develop highly targeted advertising campaigns, reaching thousands of prospects. In this session you'll learn how to:
- Create simple Google AdWords accounts and tweak them for maximum results.
- Develop social media advertising campaigns with LinkedIn, Facebook and more.
- Effectively advertise whether you're spending a month or ,000 (or more).
- Determine spending limits and targeted outcomes.
- Analyze ROI of your advertising campaigns and make changes to increase audience reach.
The online marketplace has never been more competitive, no matter what industry you’re in. It’s also never been easier to leapfrog your competition by learning a few basic techniques – the proven essentials that online marketing pros use everyday. This series is a must take for small business owners, company leaders, marketing consultants, and business administrators!
- Low cost techniques and tools to get more customers– Learn how to take advantage of free online tools that can increase your exposure to potential clients.
- Stay in touch and create loyal repeat customers– Learn best practices for social media messaging and account management as well as how to create and manage email marketing campaigns.
- Reach a targeted audience online — Learn how to create highly targeted advertising campaigns that will reach the a specific audience and keep your costs as low as possible.
- Create loyal, repeat customers — Learn how to manage and create effective email marketing campaigns and how blogging can lead people to you for free!
- Determine your marketing goals — No matter how much you promote or advertise, if you don't have a solid marketing message you may be losing conversions. Determine what sets you apart from the competition and how you can capitalize on your story to make yourself or your business a more compelling commodity.
- Easily track and monitor client conversions with simple, straightforward reporting.
Learn low cost & no cost ways to get more customers online by increasing your overall web presence with social media, email marketing, online advertising and more! Learn from Minnesota's recognized industry experts. Don't just take our word for it. Hear what people have been saying about our incredible classes.
About your Google AdWords Seminar Leader:
Jane Neumiller-Bustad is a marketing, communications, and social media consultant, with added expertise in instructional design and development. Her background includes time spent as a marketing consultant, military officer, corporate trainer, real estate agent, and small business owner. She's put her 20+ years of experience to work as the President of Creative Mind Consulting, helping growing entrepreneurial companies use innovative marketing strategies and tools to outrun their competition. She's been a noted trainer and speaker for professional associations, community colleges and training conferences. Since moving to Minnesota a number of years ago, Jane and her family have become passionate hockey fans.
Silicon Valley veteran and current President of DemandQuest, Ted Kozlowski is a seasoned technology sales and marketing executive. He’s been a featured speaker and teacher in North Carolina, California and Minnesota representing companies such as Network Solutions, The Institute for Entrepreneurship at the University of North Carolina, Homestore.com, Computer Associates and many more. He has shared his expertise on social media strategy, Google AdWords Advertising, Google Analytics and InBound Marketing with local chambers and at national conferences. He has a passion for helping small and medium sized business owners learn how to increase their online presence and generate new business while avoiding scams. He is also currently representing Ward 2 on the Stillwater City Council.
Google AdWords training brought to you by DemandQuest Marketing Institute
DemandQuest: the Twin Cities' only Google Certified Partner offering complete training.
DemandQuest was founded by marketing & sales entrepreneur Ted Kozlowski. Having crafted marketing solutions for a variety of organizations and industries, and having worked extensively with such internet marketing companies as Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Facebook and LinkedIn, DemandQuest’s founder and instructors are uniquely qualified to take the guesswork out of your marketing efforts and provide processes and solutions that are easy to use and affordable for businesses of all sizes.
at DemandQuest HQ
2112 Broadway Street NE
Minneapolis, United States