Event on 2014-06-08 15:00:00
This class is only open to those who have gone through the Foundations class.
The Advanced class builds on the material you learned in the Foundations class. The 3 day course will cover:
- Shutting down the “non/anti-union” hiring in your local area, including pro-active actions with regard to the temp agencies
- Resurgence and surgical use of participation agreements with the “non/anti-union”
- A defense fund, not “contractors crack”, to re-gain organizing initiative’s to advance union contractors in targeted markets
- Advanced discussion of the Pit Bull Puppy Strategy and how to specifically build a residential, service and mid-market “Compression Zone”; including the specific steps for development of CBA, trust fund and prevailing wage
- Bottom –up – taken out of the box. Technology can make this tactic a winner! Cyber Organizing
- Advanced techniques of opposition research. A detailed ability to get information in the public, private, business and personnel records
- How to advance this information in today’s world
Contractor Marketing Program:
- Unions and their dormant core competency as sales and marketing engines for union contractors
- How to use aggressively use the internet to advance union workers and their contractors
- Unions dominating sales & marketing and having non-union contractors wanting to join our unions
- How to dominate existing indexes, Angie’s, Dex, Yellow Pages, etc…
- Our own unions’ social footprint, i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc… taking our use of social signals from “passive to very aggressive” to increase market share and more
- Building upon our understanding of a web designer/developer and internet marketer /SEO
- Using relevance and authority in the world of SEO – Advanced education
- Blogging to dominate authority in your trade
- Researching the content of end-users and what it specifically means to unions
- Apprenticeship use of the internet and recruitment and training
- Internal union communications platform using mass texting, mass email and smart phones – another level
- Apps to connect leadership with membership – the specific steps
- How to leverage our combined numbers for political power – why Twitter!
Special Pricing: Fee of 5 for the first member from a local. ,025 for two and ,175 for three. Discounts available for 3 or more- email/call for details.
firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 373-0774
Class Starts at 3pm on 6/01/14
Embassy Suites Chicago – O'Hare/Rosemont
5500 N River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
Make your own hotel and flight reservations
The sessions will be held at the Embassy Suites – O’Hare/Rosemont. Adjacent to the Embassy Suites Chicago – O’Hare Rosemont are 5 other union hotels within a 3 minute walk. Please visit www.rosemont.com to see map and hotels. If you use the shuttle, there are another 9 hotels in the immediate area and within 15 minutes travel time.
The C.T.A. Rapid transit “Blue Line” train serves O’Hare International Airport and the hotel complex and is a 5-10 minute train ride. Cabs are always available at the Blue Line CTA station for the 5-minute ride to the hotel. You can walk if you so choose, it is approximately ¾ miles. You do not need a rental car.
20 Century Drive
Oswego, IL 60543
at Embassy Suites Chicago – O’Hare/Rosemont
5500 N River Road
Rosemont, United States