Advanced Facebook marketing masterclass – London
Event on 2015-05-05 09:30:00
Get the absolute latest on Facebook marketing.This one day training event presented by Marie Page of The Digiterati, a leading Facebook expert and writer of Smart Insights “Smarter Guide to Facebook Marketing”.
Content includes all the very latest changes on the platform, best practice tricks and techniques for reach and engagement plus a deep dive into Facebook advertising as well as a hands-on guide to using Power Editor.
Taught using multiple real life examples, the day includes a behind-the-scenes look at the Insights data for both a B2C and B2B brand.Overview
With social media platforms, and Facebook in particular, moving at an astonishing rate, the need to keep abreast of changes both from an algorithmic and technical perspective are a constant requirement for agency staff and in-house Facebook Page admin managers. What was previously the perfect acquisition and engagement piece is now considered outdated or gauche and may even be penalised by the ever evolving Edgerank algorithm. Understanding what’s “working” RIGHT NOW is essential – and that changes so frequently that our slide decks are substantially updated each time we present this course.
With Facebook evolving as a “pay to play” platform with organic reach at an all time low for many brands, explore how a little marketing budget can go a long way in extending reach and acquiring new fans and customers. We will show you how to unlock the secrets of the challenging Power Editor advertising platform.Content Marketing – why content is key to your success
- An introduction to content marketing methods
- Repurposing of content across platforms
- Integrating content with email marketing
The State of Facebook – what you need to know to get ahead
- The latest on Facebook most recent developments, best practice examples, do’s and don’ts
- Organic reach is as little as 1% yet some experts are seeing extraordinarily high reach figures. Learn some of the secrets to combatting the Edgerank algorithm with a set of tips and tricks for optimum reach and engagement.
- Discover how to create organic content on Facebook with the maximum chance of being seen. Without paying for advertising.
Getting the basics right – These seem simple but about 90% of people attending our sessions end up making changes as a result of this teaching
- Cover and profile image best practice when a single image has to work on multiple devices and platforms
- Your “home” page: About text, using the timeline, Life Events and Milestones, integrating links to your website about us, build audience tool, hashtag, tagging and url shortener best practice
- Pages vs Profiles vs Groups
- Groups: your secret weapon
- Threaded comments
Finding and keeping fans
- Advertising options for fan growth
- The role of apps and competitions to drive fan numbers
- Building your email list through Facebook
Content ideas – throughout the day we’ll look at hundreds of examples of great content ideas, all of which can be re-purposed for other channels
- What’s hot and what’s not – some fantastic ideas for great content together with out-dated practices that are better avoided
- The art and science of posting – tips for improving engagement and extending reach
- How to run a timeline competition without breaking Facebook’s terms of service
- How to share links without getting penalised by Facebook
- Why Facebook video outperforms YouTube and how to maximise its potential
- Why the “more” button is your friend
- Highlighting and “pinning” posts
- Apps for data capture, viral reach and user engagement
Edgerank – SEO for Facebook
- Why most of your fans don’t actually see a thing you post
- What is the mysterious Edgerank algorithm and how to keep on top of it
- How to avoid creating content that gets penalised by Edgerank
- How to optimise posts to book news feed visibility
- Knowing when to encourage reach with ad spend
Analytics – why you shouldn’t rely solely on the Insights dashboard
- Digging below the surface of the dashboard including learning how to separate organic from viral reach and understand why the metric Facebook shows in the dashboard hides the real number of your current fans who see your content
- Integration with Google Analytics
- Applying Facebook Insights to improve your content and targeting strategies
- When to post and what to post. Why the gurus get it wrong and what’s best for your fan base
- A guided tour of the Facebook Insights data of a successful brand
Stop wasting money on Facebook ads
- Analysis of the different ad options
- Mobile, desktop and right column
- Ad types demystified
- Targeting ads by location, interests, connection, demographics, workplace and more
Using Power Editor for better ads, targeting and lower ad spend
- Why you should be using Power Editor and not the self-serve ad manager
- Tracking ad effectiveness and conversion tracking
- How and why (still) to create a dark or “unpublished” post
- Size guides
- Custom audiences
- Re-marketing to your website visitors on Facebook
- Using email database to find those people on Facebook
- Find new customers who are similar to your current fans or email list
What about the “Other” social networks?
We have a separate training day focussing on all the other main social networks – YouTube, Vine, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Snapchat and LinkedIn which will be running the day after this event. There is one in London and one in Manchester.About the Trainer
Marie Page is a senior consultant and trainer at The Digiterati, a team of experienced senior marketing practitioners with backgrounds in world-leading brands, agencies and technology startups.
Marie has 15 years experience teaching in a wide variety of situations: postgraduate university courses, in-company training and mentoring, international conferences and also training for professional organisations including The Chartered Institute of Marketing where she has also worked as an digital marketing examiner.
She’s also had many years experience on both client and agency side in social media marketing, runs an award winning ecommerce company and manages one of the most engaged Facebook Pages in the UK.
Marie is the author of the Smart Insights book “Smarter Guide to Facebook Marketing” edited by Dr Dave Chaffey, now in its third edition.
What people think of The Digiterati training
Click to read testimonials from people trained by The Digiterati in webinars and face-to-face training.
Other training from The Digiterati
See all our upcoming training: London, Manchester and Online on our website.FAQs
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The venue is a short walk from Manchester's Oxford Road station and about 10 minutes walk from Piccadilly station. There are plenty of buses on Oxford Road.
There is also ample car parking (paid for car parks) nearby.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
You don't *need* anything but we'd suggest bringing a tablet or laptop in case you want to look things up during the day. A pen and paper is also handy as you'll likely want to take copious notes!
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please email us at email@example.com
Is my registration/ticket refundable or transferrable?
No. You can't transfer a ticket to a different event (although you can transfer your ticket to a friend or colleague) and there are no refunds.
Can I update my registration information?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if any details have changed.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. We'll have a list of delegate names at the registration desk. Please ensure that we have the names and email addresses of all delegates in advance. Please email us at email@example.com
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Please ensure that we have the correct names and email addresses of all delegates. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's included in the Facebook Marketing Toolkit?
The Facebook Marketing Toolkit is packed with over 80 pages of additional resources to beef up your Facebook and Social Media marketing.You can buy this as an optional extra along with your ticket.
- The Digiterati Social Media Checklist which we were commissioned to write by Dave Chaffey for Smart Insights (normally only available to paid up Smart Insights members)
- A step-by-step guide to help you develop a social strategy, setup and optimise your Facebook presence, and form a content plan to grow a following and drive results.
- The Definitive Facebook Image Sizes Cheat-Sheet
Want to know the latest mobile news feed image size? Or how many characters you can use on a Page Like ad? Or how one ad surfaces in different placements? This extensive worksheet has them all in one place.
- Facebook Ad Targeting Reference Guide
Two handy infographics on all the Facebook targeting options available + infographic on the options for ad bid types
- The Facebook Ads Guide
16 pages detailing all the different ad types, character limits and image specifications
- Integrated Ad Campaign Case Study
- A how-to guide for using UTM tracking codes in Excel
- Tools, Apps and Services
A handy reference list of all the tools, techniques and services covered during the training that can save you time and means you don't have to take quite such copious notes!
- Plus more!
We update the Toolkit on a regular basis and you'll receive the very latest version after your training
at St John’s Church Hoxton
85 Pitfield Street
Hoxton, United Kingdom