East Dennis, MA (PRWEB) July 21, 2010
Findability-Usability, a boutique SEO firm working with only a few high-end clients at-a-time to ensure the best results possible, has announced its proprietary guideline to help demystify the SEO process to enable business owners maximize results from their website and avoid being baffled by techno-speak of web designers and consultants.
Prospects first start looking for products and services by Googling them on the Web, prior to making a buying decision. Search Engine results drive the consumers decision-making process everywhere, regardless if the purchase is to be made over the Internet or in the Brick-and-Mortar world.
Appearing on the First page of the Search Engine (Google) results for your prospects searches will determine a businesss web exposure and likely success. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the only way to appear high in non-paid search results and has recently become the most critical task a business owner faces when launching a business, regardless if its on the Net and/or in the Brick-and-Mortar world.
As more and more websites compete for the same search results, SEO has become the most crucial aspect, far more important for success than the look-and-feel of the website, since if your prospects cant find your site, it doesnt matter how attractive it is. Search Engine Optimization is a comprehensive technical approach requiring proven experience. The results depend on researching your prospects search patterns and evaluating the competitions SEO strengths and weaknesses – then optimizing your site to beat the competition.
Proven approaches to accomplish these tasks, while aligning them with business objectives will deliver the best Return-On-Investment (ROI) for your website.
A comprehensive SEO project typically involves the following steps to optimize the site:
Tasks for the Business Owner:
1. Creating and prioritizing the list of the desired search phrases
(Up-to 6 during an initial phase, which can be followed by adding about 1 each month thereafter)
2. Evaluating the SEO rankings of competitors for all the various phrases identified above
3. Creating content for all the website pages related to all the phrases identified above.
Tasks for the SEO consultant:
4. Guiding and assisting the business owner in performing the above steps 1, 2 and 3
5. Improving the written content for the webpages in order for the Search Engines to rank the site for the selected keyword phrases
6. Creation of the Meta-Tags lists for each of the webpages
7. Optimizing all page content or adding supportive material as needed
8. Optimizing website content by on-site links
Tasks for the SEO consultant or the Webmaster:
9. Generation of the website map and ensuring no broken links
10. Search Engine submissions
11. Submission to directories
12. Generating desirable quality incoming links
SEO is an ongoing process, as opposed to a one-time project, as SEO is a highly competitive activity and as such must be continually monitored and improved over time as competitors improve their websites and Search Engines change their rankings formulas. The process must be a collaborative process between the business owner and the SEO consultant, as the content must be written by the person most knowledgeable about the nature of the business, while the SEO expert must ensure it is technically correct and implemented the way the Search Engines will index it best.
Robert Baron has a Ph.D. in Information Systems and founded Findability-Usability.com.
Robert developed his approach from years of experience on the Web and continually monitors the technology developments in the field of SEO and Website Usability.
He can be reached through the website: