Menlo Park, Calif. (PRWEB) March 18, 2015
Open Networking Summits, Inc., (ONS), the industrys only non-profit organization and event-based community that brings together the entire networking ecosystem to share advancements in open networking and virtualization technologies, today announced that its fifth annual conference will be held June 15-18, 2015, in the heart of Silicon Valley at the Santa Clara Convention Center and Hyatt Regency. The first keynote speaker to be announced is John Donovan, senior executive vice president, AT&T Technology and Operations, who will speak on AT&Ts vision for Software Defined Networks.
An essential forum for service providers and enterprises, ONS2015 represents the industrys only non-profit conference that brings together the entire networking ecosystem to focus on advances in SDN, OpenFlow and NFV with exclusive sessions and tracks dedicated to specific open source tools and platforms such as Open Source SDN Network Operating System (ONOS), OpenDaylight (ODL) Open Stack and Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV) among others.
In his keynote speech, Donovan will explore the various open source Software Defined Networking (SDN) tools available today and how they can be used in assisting service providers to address initial and large scale production deployments and discuss real and potential use cases of SDN as a way to drive innovative new services.
Other distinguished technical visionaries who have created and contributed to SDN and NFV in the service provider, enterprise and cloud/data center environments and have been chosen to lead keynote, plenary and technical sessions will be announced soon.
Open source virtualization technologies such as SDN and NFV are key enablers of innovation for network service providers, said John Donovan, senior executive vice president, AT&T Technology and Operations. As data traffic on our AT&T wireless network has increased at a staggering rate over the past eight years, technologies including SDN and NFV are imperative in our march toward a next-generation network to meet the growing demands of data and video-hungry users. Whether a startup, small company or traditional telecom vendor, this is an exciting time for our industry to collaborate and work together in developing new software-centric services that will transform our ecosystem and the customer experience.
ONS2015 will also feature a unique SDN Solutions Showcase. This will include over 15 best-of-breed innovative and collaborative solutions that further the adoption of SDN and NFV in a specific industry vertical or use case highlighted by industry leaders. This years conference will include live demonstrations of more than 20 SDN/NFV open source solutions highlighting use cases that comprise innovations from vendors, partners and customers.
The biggest ONS conference to date, ONS2015 is expanding to a fourth day to encompass a broad range of topics, tracks, tutorials and a Symposium on SDN Research for customers, operators, architects, vendors, executives, researchers, developers and investors. The exhibit hall will have the most number of exclusive SDN/NFV demonstrations under one roof. More than 2,000 attendees are expected during the four-day conference.
2015 is a tipping point for SDN as the industry moves beyond the barriers to adoption and into real deployment in communities, said Guru Parulkar, chairman of ONS2015. ONS2015 brings together the global SDN ecosystem to showcase real solutions that are transforming networking for service providers and enterprises alike. This years conference will provide a wealth of content to developers and architects on SDN/NFV tools ready for evaluation and deployment.
With a unique program format in development, ONS2015 will continue to have:
1) High Quality Content Talks, Tracks and more: In addition to the keynotes and plenary talks on SDN that have become a staple at ONS, the 2015 conference will offer diverse tracks by user vertical (service providers, enterprises and data centers), technology and applications including NFV, startups and VCs, SDN Idol demonstrations and more to cover the latest advancements in next-generation networking.
ONS is a non-profit conference created by the community, for the community.
All speakers/sessions are independently picked on merit.
Unlike other industry conferences, at ONS no-one pays to speak and no-one is paid to speak.
Speakers at ONS represent the broad spectrum of industry visionaries and leaders and past Summit speakers have been from Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Facebook, eBay, NTT, NEC, Goldman Sachs, Fidelity, Deutsche Telekom, Internet2, Stanford, UC Berkeley, Princeton, Cornell, Nicira, VMware, Big Switch, HP, Cisco, Brocade, IBM, Intel, Arista, Ericsson, Huawei, Dell, among others.
2) Exhibition: ONS2015 expects an increase on the 67 exhibitors from 2014 and will host a bigger expo with the most SDN/NFV exhibits under one roof, enabling attendees to interact with vendors demonstrating their solutions, discuss use cases and collect feedback to accelerate adoption of next-generation technologies.
3) Networking Opportunities: ONS provides a valuable forum for game-changing networking opportunities for everyone across the ecosystem to mingle and discuss their ideas; from start-ups and investors to established vendors; from technologists to business executives; from researchers to practitioners; from carriers to enterprises, journalists, analysts, bloggers and government agencies.
4) The SDN Idol Returns: The popular SDN Idol Contest returns and will showcase real-time demonstrations of the hottest SDN solutions from finalists selected by a panel of respected judges and the attendees will vote to award a winner.
5) ACM Sigcomm Symposium on SDN Research (SOSR): Sigcomms HotSDN (Hot Topics in Software Defined Networking) workshop is now the Symposium on SDN Research (SOSR) co-located with ONS2015, providing an opportunity for more interaction between researchers and practitioners. Call for papers addressing SDN tool design, applications, concepts, standards and technical overviews are now open.
6) Call for Speakers: The ONS2015 call for speakers is currently open and abstracts are due Monday, April 7 at 5pm PST.
ONS2014 Event Report with detailed attendee demographics (Infographic) is available for download and use here.
Connect with ONS: LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter #ONS2015
For Media partnership and media passes, email: email@example.com
For Speaking opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please click here.
Registration for ONS2015 is open now. For more information or to reserve a spot at the best rate, go to http://www.OpenNetSummit.org.
About ONS, Inc.
Created by the founders of software defined networking (SDN), Open Networking Summits Inc., a non-profit organization delivers events designed to foster an open, productive dialogue around the opportunities, challenges and key developments in the quickly evolving world of OpenFlow, SDN and network function virtualization (NFV). For the past four years, the industrys premiere event Open Networking Summit (ONS) has brought the networking ecosystem of end-users, engineers, business leaders and researchers together in Silicon Valley to discuss the possibilities and shape the future of the networking industry. In addition to the annual summit, ONS offers other events to match the increasing pace of innovation in SDN/NFV/OpenFlow. These include the monthly ONS Inspire! Webinar Series, the ONS Accelerate! User-Led Workshop on SDN/NFV in Telecom Networks, the SDN Academy and the SDN Meetup events. More information on the Open Networking Summit and upcoming events can be found at http://www.OpenNetSummit.org.