Bagels at Big Duck: Get to know your audience
Event on 2013-05-23 09:00:00
In the hustle and bustle of nonprofit life, it’s easy to get so caught up in thinking about the messages we need to share that we forget about what our supporters actually want. Sound familiar? Join Elizabeth Ricca, Big Duck’s Director of Strategy, for a workshop on how to develop smart communications with your audience in mind. She’ll share great examples of what success looks like for nonprofits, and then take you through seven steps to get to know your audiences better and create more effective materials and strategies.
Who should attend?
Communications staff who want to think differently about how you engage your audiences
What you’ll learn
- What audience-centric communications look like when they’re done right
- Simple, budget-friendly ways to learn more about your supporters
- How to put yourself in your audiences’ shoes when you’re creating materials
Why do this?
- I spend a lot of time putting together our newsletter every month, but no one opens it.
- I have a lot of data from Google Analytics and my email program, but I don’t really know what to make of it. Am I doing well?
- We’re trying to talk to a lot of different groups, and it’s hard to keep them all straight.
- My list has grown over the last few years, and I’m not really sure who’s on it now.
at Big Duck
20 Jay St
Brooklyn, United States