Beginner’s guide to social media for businesses
Event on 2014-07-29 10:00:00
The foolproof introduction to online marketing for social novices
Social media marketing is the most effective and cost-effective way to engage directly with consumers, helping brands build loyalty, research the market and drive sales – if you know how to use it. Help is at hand for even the most technically averse business. This one day course in social media marketing shows you how to use the three main social platforms – Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn – and which features and tools will best benefit your business.
Led by Lynsey Sweales, CEO of social media marketing experts SocialB, this introductory course has been specially designed for newcomers to social media, and uses plain English to explain how to set up accounts, build a community and promote your company. You'll find out what content works – and how to make it work – and learn to design a coherent social media strategy that takes the stress out of managing your online presence. Whether you're a clinical technophobe or simply new to online marketing, this comprehensive introduction will have your business climbing the social ladder with confidence.This course is for you if…
- You own or manage a business and have never used social media
- You want to promote your business online but don't know where to start
- You're considering outsourcing your brand's social media but would rather keep the job in-house
This jargon-free one day course aims to simplify the technical and professional skills needed to promote a business through social media. Covering the three major social platforms, tutors Lynsey Sweales and Simon Badman of social media consultancy SocialB offer a step-by-step guide – from setting up an account to using more advanced tools. Topics covered on the day include:
- Why is social media so important for businesses?
- Developing a successful social media strategy
- Audience targeting and behaviours
- Setting up accounts correctly and most effectively
- Integration – integrating social media into your current marketing plan
- Creating content – knowing what content to create
- Measuring the effectiveness of your social media
- Reputation management – how to deal with negative comments
- The best and most valuable tools you need to manage your social media strategy
- How to find, listen and monitor conversations about your industry, brand and/or area of expertise
- Twitter etiquette and jargon – plus what to tweet, and when
Lynsey Sweales is CEO of social media and online marketing experts SocialB. Lynsey is a member of the Direct Marketing Association and a committee member of the Social Media Council, alongside representatives from Facebook and Microsoft. As part of the council, Lynsey works to improve the use of social media as a marketing method by developing best practice for the industry. Read more about Lynsey's work here.
Simon Badman is a social media trainer for SocialB and marketing and communications professional. His previous jobs includes communications manager at Sport England and the YMCA, and he was involved in managing the training camps, prior to the London 2012 Olympics.
at Kings Place
90 York Way
Islington, United Kingdom