Blog to Business Revolution Retreat YEG
Event on 2013-05-04 09:30:00
Build a blogging plan that grows your business… with ease!
Get what's in your head onto paper (your ideas) and get what you don't know (yet) embedded into your intention, purpose and plan (strategy)!
In this unplugged workshop get into the art and science of blogging for business.
If a workshop vibe that is casual and unfussy, packed with easy to relate to how tos and expert advice from those who have "been there, done ALL OF that" sounds good, join us!
Host Kim Page Gluckie is sharing this event for the 4th time in as many months (on demand) and bringing guests too! Food and nutrition columnist & blogger Julie Van Rosendaal and photographer, entrepreneur and blogger Janet Pliszka are rounding out the panel with considerable insights for you.
By the time you leave the one-day workshop retreat, you will have:
- clear goals and purpose on how to use your blog as your business hub
- a content strategy for 12-months including a draft 12-month editorial calendar that maps YOUR business (INCLUDES PHOTOGRAPHY AND COPYWRITING TIPS)
- low-tech technology tips and tool suggestions that will create high impact in your rankings – that's a plain way to say search engine optimization (SEO) and search rankings and social marketing (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Pinterest tips)
- awareness of your blog as your brand voice and strategies to make your writing sound like YOU – this is the ONLY way to make sure your blog connects with your community in a business-minded way
- a poster-sized blog-marketing map that you created as your ACTION PLAN that guides your business
The agenda will include:
- goal setting and content brainstorming customized to your business that results in a solid kickstart to a 12-month plan
- 15-minute writing challenges designed to teach you how to write for business on a business-person schedule!
- inspiration, motivation, fear-overcoming action steps to get you from unwriting to writing weekly with benefits
- understanding of the value of imagery in blogging beyond what you'd expect and hands-on practice with photoblogging techniques
- practical and non-intimidating lessons around SEO and copywriting to evoke a love-hate relationship with Google
Kim Page Gluckie has grown her business simultaneously with growing her 3 young daughters. She is a champion of women-owned small businesses and an advocate for smart and modern marketing methods that get results without breaking the bank. She claims her blog, a refreshing point of view on marketing and realistic small business growth, is the cornerstone of creating the clear brand she is now known for by many in Calgary and beyond. Kim launched the popular retreat and video series Blog for Business Revolution in 2012 to teach small businesses how to leverage the power of content on a blog across an entire marketing strategy.
Julie Van Rosendaal is the food and nutrition columnist on the Calgary Eyeopener on CBC Radio One, the author of five best-selling cookbooks, food editor of Parents Canada magazine and a freelance writer, contributing to local, national and international publications. She is also co-host of It’s Just Food on the OWN television network, and writes and is the photographer for her award-winning food blog, DinnerwithJulie.com, which documents real life in her home kitchen in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with her husband, Mike, and 7 year old son, Willem.
Janet is one of Calgary's most admired photographers, by her clients and her peers in her industry. She is known for her generosity, quick laughter and ability to put anyone of any age at ease. Her pure joy of capturing the moments that make a person's essence shine is obvious in the images she takes. And beyond that, her joy is expressed on her popular blog that demonstrates her personal experience being invited into the personal lives of her clients. Janet draws on her B.Comm. and big business career experience that came before her 5 year photography career, in order to be a savvy entrepreneur growing her own business.
"The Blog for Business Retreat blended together the right amount of expert information with personal application. Thank you Kim for the individual help with blog content and editorial calendars! The guest speakers provided a wonderful combination of humour, inspiration, and expertise. This retreat was valuable for helping me blog for my business! "
– Kirsten Wreggitt, www.LetsStartOrganizing.com
"I walked away from this workshop inspired and with take away actions. It was well worth my time."
– Laurie McGowan, www.adventuresoflittle.ca
more testimonials and a VIDEO about "Why Bother Blogging" at … How to Blog for Business
at New Co-Op Hospitality Suite (gorgeous & cozy venue)
100 Deer Valley Drive