Blogging course Sydney – how to blog
Event on 2014-05-16 10:00:00
How to start a free blog and make it successful (Blogging 101)
In this short course, you'll get the essentials:
– an introduction to blogging software and how to start on your own blog
– who's blogging well and what you can learn from them
– the kinds of things you can write about (that people want to read)
– what a blog can do for your professional profile or business (large or small)
– the inspiration to start a blog (or develop one you've already started)
– different ways of thinking about blogs (it's not just about writing*)
This training course is for
– people who want to make their mark on the world
– people with a project or passion they want to further
– small and large businesses that genuinely want to help other people
Blogging can also help you
– get up in google searches (both your content and your personal brand)
– build credibility in the field you want to succeed in (and value in your name)
– project the professional profile you want
– start your own website for free
– the inspiration to get you started (or use your existing blog more effectively)
– examples of best practice
– the key info you really need
– learning resources to take away
– videos you can review later (which help explain how to do it)
Think you're not a great writer?
Being able to write helps with blogs, but you don't have to be a brilliant writer. Some very successful blogs use photos or videos or audio rather than heaps of words.
Want to talk to the course instructor?
You can call me (Phil Stubbs) at the School on 0403 517 242. Or email is phil(at)mediaschool.com.au
About the instructor
My experience is a mix of working in leading ad agencies, teaching marketing communication at university, and running social media projects. All up 10 years in the media industry, 10 years teaching and the last 4 years in new media.
I've worked on a range of clients – from a large hotel chain and packaged goods, to small businesses, charities, creative projects and social change campaigns. (With everything from large to zero marketing budgets.)
Can't make the current course date?
We can let you know when the next course is on by email. Simply subscribe to our mailing list on our website www.mediaschool.com.au. (We keep our messages to a minimum and you can unsubscribe any time.)
You're also welcome to Like our Media School Facebook page for updates about courses and occasional tips on how to use social media for marketing your business.
Interested in social media and internet marketing training?
As well as blogging, we offer courses on: social media marketing, search engine optimisation, personal branding, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
How to secure your place on the course
The simplest way to secure a spot is to book and pay here on Eventbrite. Unfortunately we we can't accept a booking without full payment of fees.
Our terms and conditions for cancellations are below*.
Finally, we're confident you'll get alot out of this course. We've been working in business, education and the media for over 20 years. We genuinely care about helping people and seeing their businesses succeed. We think our course will be well worth your money and time.
Looking forward to seeing you in class.
Director, Media School.
* What happens if you need to cancel your booking:
If you do book and then can't make it, we usually allow you to transfer your booking to a later date – if you let us know by email 48 hours prior to the event. You can transfer the money you've paid to a later offering of the same course or toward another course offered by us. (Though these need to be within 12 months of your original course date.) There's an administration fee of 10% of the course price for each transfer. Note that we usually don't allow you to defer courses twice.
If you want to cancel the booking completely, we will issue a refund if you let us know in writing (by email) 5 business days before the event. There is however a cancellation fee of 20% of the course price (which will be deducted from the refund.)
Refunds will not be issued if you notify us within 5 days of the course. (Best to transfer your money to the next course in this case.)
If you don't show up for a course, unfortunately we can't issue a transfer or refund at all.
Another person may take your place on the course you've booked if you can't attend. Please let us know by email prior to the course in this case.
at Media School Studio
335 Clovelly Road