Build An Online Business (Donegal)
Event on 2013-05-27 09:30:00
Building an Online Business
This programme is designed for individuals who want to create and grow an online business. By the end of the ten sessions, you will have built your own website and will have a plan for online business growth. You will also have gained digital marketing skills which are vital for success.
This course is highly practical with a learning by doing approach. You will be working on your business concept right from the start using laptops provided.
COMPREHENSIVE – takes participants from deciding on a site concept right through to making money online. Includes market research, website design, traffic building, digital marketing and social media.
PRACTICAL – training takes place in a computer classroom environment with a small group size for maximum one on one support. Learners also have 24/7 online access to tools and learning materials.
BUSINESS BUILDING – participants finish the programme with a fledgling online business they know how to develop themselves.
ENJOYABLE – You will learn from your peers as well as the tutors, with lots of group work and discussions as well as theory and practice sessions. We aim to create a relaxed, friendly environment – so that you can have fun while learning.
WORK PLACEMENT– Candidates are required to complete a 4 day work placement with a client company as part of the programme.
FETAC AWARD –Candidates have the option of applying for FETAC Award in Digital Marketing. Many past students have chosen a career in digital marketing following the course.
ONGOING – participants are invited to join our supportive Facebook community at http://www.facebook.com/GetABusinessOnline and can avail of further training workshops delivered by social media/digital marketing experts. Many past students continue to meet up in small groups after the course has ended.
This course is 100% funded through the HPSU Skillnet – criteria applies.
10 x 1 Day sessions
Donegal Education Centre, Donegal Town, Co. Dongal
- The importance of preselling vs. selling online
- How to choose the best site concept and strategy for your business
- The tools available for market research into your site concept
- How to choose your website name and register a website
- How to choose your website design and structure
- How to build content
- How to direct traffic to your site
- The importance of link building and the role of social media
- How to keep your website fresh and well placed in search rankings
- The range of options for generating consistent income on your website
Learners need basic computer skills and a determination to succeed. They must have computer and internet access to work outside of the classroom. The programme is ideal for small business owners who may have existing websites or who want to get one established. Individuals with a potential idea for an online business will also benefit.
FETAC Level 5 Minor Award in Digital Marketing. Students will be required to complete a project and assignment based on their own online marketing plan and also a report of recommendations on a client website.Blended Learning Approach
Students receive one on one personal support if required during the programme. They also receive a one year subscription to a set of approx. 70 online tools for research and online business building including:
- Structured training manuals and videos
- Keyword research tools
- Registration of a domain name and hosting of a website
- Website template
- State of the art content management system
- Tools for adding a blog, ezine, forum, forms and Facebook commenting and other social media integration
- SEO tools
- Website performance statistics
- Support forum
Students are required to complete 6 – 8 hours work per week on their online business between classroom sessions using online access.
at Donegal Education Centre