Build An Online Business (Galway)
Event on 2013-09-18 09:30:00
Building an Online Business 10 Day Programme
Designed for individuals who want to create and grow an online business, or learn the skills necessary to obtain employment in this fast growing area.
This 10 day course (held over 12 weeks) is highly practical with a learning by doing approach. You will be working on your business concept right from the start using laptops provided.
AND You will have the opportunity to obtain a FETAC Level 6 Award in EBusiness.
Fully funded places are available for those on the Live Register who meet the required criteria.
Places will be confirmed subject to interview and attendance at an information evening.
COMPREHENSIVE – takes participants from deciding on a site concept right through to making money online. Includes market research, website design, traffic building, digital marketing and social media.
PRACTICAL – training takes place in a computer classroom environment with a small group size for maximum one on one support. Learners also have 24/7 online access to tools and learning materials.
BUSINESS BUILDING – participants finish the programme with a fledgling online business they know how to develop themselves.
ENJOYABLE – You will learn from your peers as well as the tutors, with lots of group work and discussions as well as theory and practice sessions. We aim to create a relaxed, friendly environment – so that you can have fun while learning.
WORK PLACEMENT– Candidates are required to complete a 6 day work placement with a client company as part of the programme.
FETAC AWARD – Candidates can work towards a FETAC Level 6 Award in EBusiness. Many past students have chosen a career in fields such as digital marketing following the course.
ONGOING – participants are invited to join our supportive Facebook community at http://www.facebook.com/GetABusinessOnline and can avail of further training workshops delivered by social media/digital marketing experts. Many past students continue to meet up in small groups after the course has ended.
Commencing Wednesday 16 September and finishing on Wednesday 4 December.
(no class on Wed 30 October and Wed 6 November).
In-Tuition Learning and Development Ltd, Unit 9, Town Park House, Town Park Centre, Tuam Road, Galway
- The importance of preselling vs. selling online
- How to choose the best site concept and strategy for your business
- The tools available for market research into your site concept
- How to choose your website name and register a website
- How to choose your website design and structure
- How to build content
- How to direct traffic to your site
- The importance of link building and the role of social media
- How to keep your website fresh and well placed in search rankings
- The range of options for generating consistent income on your website
Learners need basic computer skills and a determination to succeed. They must have computer and internet access to work outside of the classroom. The programme is ideal for individuals who want a career in online business and require accreditation, or for those who want to start an online business.Blended Learning Approach
Students receive one on one personal support if required during the programme. They also receive a one year subscription to a set of approx. 70 online tools for research and online business building including:
- Structured training manuals and videos
- Keyword research tools
- Registration of a domain name and hosting of a website
- Website template
- State of the art content management system
- Tools for adding a blog, ezine, forum, forms and Facebook commenting and other social media integration
- SEO tools
- Website performance statistics
- Support forum
Students are required to complete 6 – 8 hours work per week on their online business between classroom sessions using online access and a dedicated mobile friendly learning platform.
at Unit 9, Town Park House