Build Your Business Website With WordPress 19 December 2013
Event on 2013-12-19 09:30:00
- 9:30 AM – Arrive for tea, coffee and refreshments
- 9:45 AM – Introduction
- 10:00 AM – Commence course
- 12:30 PM – Lunch
- 1:00 PM – Resume course
- 4:30 PM – Questions
- 5:00 PM – Course ends
Build Your Business Website With WordPress 19 December
1. Customising a premium WordPress theme
- Difference between a free theme and premium theme
- Choosing and installing a premium WordPress theme
- Adding the basics: a logo, favicon, banner ads (optional)
2. Creating and customising pages
- Creating web pages including home, about and contact
- Adding a slider displaying images at the top of the homepage
- Adding rows, columns and filling them with content
- Adding maps, videos, images, texts and forms
3. Adding plugins and widgets
- Differences between a plugin and widget
- Defining widget areas
- Adding SEO, slider, page customisation, social media and form plugins
4. Social media
- Adding a Facebook widget
- Adding and configuring a Twitter widget
- Adding a Pinterest widget
- Adding an Instagram widget
- Adding a social floating media bar
- Coding tricks and tips
- Free, royalty free image resources for your website
- Support forums and video tutorials
- Recommended plugins
About the Course
Luckywebs Limited is delighted to present this acclaimed series of WordPress One Day courses geared to advising on how to build and manage your website just the way you want by using WordPress. Past attendees include: Deputy Picture Editor of the Times, Marketing Manager of Lancaster (4 Star Hotel), Startups, business owners, artists, graphic designers, fashion stylists, ecommerce retailers, DJs and bloggers. This renowned course has made a major contribution in launching many of today's successful WordPress websites over the past few years and is recognised both for its quality and excellence. Taught by experienced professionals with a history of working within the digital industry it is a most essential requirement for those with passion, commitment, drive and energy. Places are limited please book early.
8 Reasons Why You Should Book This Course
1. Super Fast Content Creation. Create web pages, upload and position images with 100% accuracy.Videos, maps, forms, tables and documents.
2. Awesome Widgets Available. Pull content from your existing social media accounts.Tweets, Facebook comments, pins, instagram photos.
3.WordPress SEO Rank Higher Learn to overcome the SEO weaknesses of your WordPress site. SEO plugins, WordPress settings and backlinks.
4. Web Analytics Site Optimisation. Customise your web pages based on your web visitors interaction. Videos, maps, forms, tables and documents.
5. Security Site Protection Follow 10 steps to secure your WordPress website against attacks. Security plugin configuration, deleting unnecessary files.
6. Responsive Design All Devices Build a website that adjusts automatically to all screen sizes. Make visiting your website an enjoyable experience.
7. Fully Customisable Layout Customise your web pages with text, images and videos. Full width, sidebars, columns, tabs, widgets.
8. Useful Extras Wants vs Needs Add extra functionalities to enhance web visitor experience. Install fonts, add forms, set up email marketing.
Your satisfaction is guaranteed – if you're not happy with the morning session, you are free to leave and your money will be refunded to you in full. (Terms apply)
at The Social
5 Little Portland Street
City of London, United Kingdom