Build Your Own Website – Easily & Inexpensively – Learn How
Event on 2013-10-22 17:00:00
Do It Yourself Websites
What you need to know when building your company’s website
This workshop is for business owners who want to create a website or improve their existing website. Attendees will learn the basics of website hosting, design, ecommerce and tracking. Specifically, the workshop will cover:
- How to choose and register your website domain name and decide where to host it
- The pros and cons of using a web developer, or a web designer or creating the website yourself
- Which content to include and how often to revise it
- Choosing an appropriate ‘look’ for your website: text vs. bullets, keeping important text above the fold, etc.
- Accepting payments on line using Pay Pal, Google Checkout & others
- Incorporating analytical capability to track the number of visitors to your site over time and identify where they are coming from. Google Analytics is explained and discussed.
Today, having a website is as essential to a business as is having a phone. With so many consumers using the internet for information on products and services, and often deciding where and how to make purchases based on what they see there, it is essential that your website be treated as a Very Important Marketing Tool. It benefits your company in…
- Providing Information: Explaining the ‘who’, ‘what’, ‘why’, ‘how’ and ‘when’ of your business to both existing customers and potential customers.
- Building/Expanding Your Brand Image: Having consumers associate your name with specific attributes/services/products.
- Creating Relationships: Your website helps you to personalize your business and connect with your customers without having met them.
Presenter: Nancy Leve is an owner/partner at Virtual Fundamentals, a South Florida internet marketing company which creates e-newsletter marketing campaigns, produces video testimonials, develops FB business landing pages and builds web sites. She also serves as a Business Development Manager for the Florida Women’s Business Center. In both roles, she helps small business owners and entrepreneurs succeed. Nancy pulls from personal experience having taken an idea to market in three different startups. In addition, she has 25 years’ experience in Marketing, Management, Training, Public Relations, Marketing Research and Event Planning within both the private and public sector. As a lifelong learner, Nancy studies to stay current as business/societal trends change. Lately, her intellectual curiosity is focused on Social Media Marketing.
Workshop fee: /per person
For more information go to www.broward.score.org or call our office at 954-356-7263
at NSU Arena at the Don Taft Univ. Center of Nova Southeastern U
3301 College Ave
Fort Lauderdale, United States