Build your own website or blog using WordPress in 1 day
Event on 2012-10-10 09:30:00
WordPress is one of the most powerful tools on the internet today and once you have the skills to create your own website, your only limitation is your own imagination.
In Build your own website or blog using WordPress in 1 day, you will learn how to create and maintain your own website using WordPress, an online tool used by website owners and bloggers and companies like Companies like Volkswagen, CNN, Lance Armstrong's Live Strong across the globe to create professional websites and blogs.
For far less than the cost of going to a website designer or developer, your business can have a professional online image that you can manage yourself, with no on-going support costs from a technical team!
This hands-on workshop will teach you everything you need to know on how to setup and customize WordPress, as well as demonstrate how content choices affect SEO.
Who is this for?
- Anyone who wants to create their own blog or website and be able to update it themselves with no technical skills
- Service based business such as accountants, Builders, Trainers, Virtual PA's, Coaches, Marketing Consultants, Graphic Designers etc
- Anyone who is interested in creating their own sites for internet marketing
Type of sites this workshop is this not for
- E-commerce sites (sorry, while it can be done, it is out of scope to create this type of site in a day)
- Payment based sites – see above
During the workshop, you'll learn:
An introduction to WordPress
- An introduction to working out what you want on your site:
- Understanding what you want your website/ blog to do for you
- Developing a sitemap/ menu structure for your site
- Configuring your WordPress website
- The dashboard
- Updating Your WordPress profile – username, password and more
- User accounts & managing users
- Permission levels and logins
- Configuring your general, discussion, permalink, privacy, reading, writing and miscellaneous settings
- Using the WordPress CMS (content management system)
- Posts and Categories
- Media- Pictures. Video, etc
Plugins and Widgets
What to Bring
- Laptop -Not required but will be very helpful
- Business Cards – you will have an opportunity to network
- Pen and Pad for Notes -you will receive a guide with all information we go over
You’ll leave with:
- A fully functional website*
- Dozens of tips and tricks you can use in WordPress
- A 52 page guide with screenshots that will reinforce what you learned in the workshop.
- 3 Checklists for you to keep just in case.
You will also receive 30 days of unlimited email support after the workshop to help you continue to develop your site. To make sure that each person can get the full support that they need, we have limited amount of spaces. We generally sell out approximately 7-10 days before the workshop, so make sure you book early if you want to attend.
Light Refreshments will be provided
If you have any questions, Please contact Andrea @ connect(a)kltlabs.com or (404) 939- 7096
at The Work Spot
3150 Main Street
Duluth, United States