Building Responsive Websites – Brisbane
Event on 2013-03-14 09:00:00
Building Responsive Websites
Remember to print and bring your ticket on the day. And don't forget to bring a laptop!Location
Mantra on Queen
Address: 570 Queen Street Brisbane QLD 4000
Phone: 07 3234 8888Presenter: Russ Weakley
Russ has worked on the web since 1995 and has extensive real-world experience. He has authored "CSS in Ten minutes" and produced a series of widely acclaimed CSS-based tutorials. Russ is internationally recognised for his workshops on web development, standards and accessibility. Russ is chair of the Web Standards Group.What is “Building Responsive Websites” about?
This workshop will give you the skills and knowledge you need to be able to build Responsive Websites. Using a range of hands-on exercises, the workshop will:
- Introduce Responsive Web Design
- Introduce the "Mobile first" strategy
- Explore Responsive Web Design workflow
- Evaluate breakpoint methodologies
- Introduce Polyfills and Modernizr
- Work with SMACSS and OOCSS
- Cover media queries in depth
- Explore responsive images, tables, video and menus
- Discuss retrofitting responsive to existing sites
- Discuss server side solutions
Who should attend “Building Responsive Websites”?
Have you heard about Responsive web design and want to learn more? Are you about to build a new responsive website and are unsure how to proceed? Are you interested in learning about the future of web design? If you answered yes to one or more of those questions then you need to attend this workshop.What do I need to bring to the workshop?
- Bring a Mac, PC, or Linux laptop with a USB port to download coding exercises.
- Please have one of the latest versions of one of the following browsers installed on your computer in advance: Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome or Internet Explorer
- If you have a preferred code editor, make sure you have it installed; otherwise, you'll be stuck with Notepad or something equally bare-bones.
- Internet access is not required for the course and is not provided on the day
- Your laptop which has a text editor, a graphics program capable of producing PNG images, and Scout App installed. There will be a lot of live coding so prapare to get your hands dirty.
Start and finish times?
- 08:30 am – check-in
- 09:00 am – session 1
- 10:30 am – break
- 11:00 am – session 2
- 12:30 pm – lunch
- 01:30 pm – session 3
- 03:00 pm – break
- 03:30 pm – session 4
- 05:00 pm – finish
Do attendees receive certificates?
Yes, any participant who would like a certificate will receive an emailed certificate to show that they have completed the course.
at The Mantra on Queen
570 Queen St
Spring Hill, Australia