Business is GREAT: Darlington
Event on 2014-06-27 13:00:00
The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) and LDC, in association with Darlington Borough Council and Tees Valley Unlimited, would be delighted if you can join us at Croft Circuit in Dalton on Tees, near Darlington, or a networking event for growing businesses.
The afternoon is an opportunity to network with your peers and hear from a variety of speakers on overcoming challenges and growing your business – including access to finance, skills & training, exporting, and innovation & intellectual property.
You will also have the opportunity to meet with representatives from the National Apprenticeship Service (NAS), Tees Valley Unlimited, the Intellectual Property Office (IPO), UK Trade & Investment (UKTI), GrowthAccelerator, and many more.
I look forward to welcoming you to this special venue for what we hope will be a most enjoyable afternoon.
- Networking lunch
- Welcome by Neil Kenley, Director of Business Investment at Tees Valley Unlimited, Local Enterprise Partnership
- Shaun Oakes, Managing Director of ievo, on taking on Apprentices and the GrowthAccelerator programme
- Darryl Eales, CEO of LDC, on the challenges of entrepreneurship
- Mark Blacklee, Head of Curo Marketing, on harnessing digital marketing for business growth
- Chris Simpson, Lead International Trade Adviser at UK Trade & Investment, on building your export strategy
- Gary Townley, Business Events Manager at the Intellectual Property Office, on innovation and protecting IP
- Mark Beaumont, adventurer, author, and presenter – who has recently returned from accompanying the Queen’s Baton Relay – on the business of adventure
- Visit the Quantel Bifold Racing Team, Q&A with Race Driver Marc Hynes and photo opportunity with the MG6 Race Car.
More speakers to be announced.
Delegates will also have the opportunity to win tickets for the weekend British Touring Car Championship race at Croft on Sunday 29 June.
Business is GREAT
When you are growing and running your business, you never have enough resource. It always feels like that. You don’t have time to look around. This is where Business is GREAT comes in. If your business is planning to grow, hire, export or find finance, we can help.
There is a wealth of support, advice and expertise available through Government services and agencies. And much of it is free.
Since its launch in 1981, LDC has completed over 440 investments and supports a portfolio that stands at over 60 businesses across the UK, and is collectively valued in excess of £2billion. Whilst having Lloyds Banking Group as a parent company pays dividends in strong financial support, it's LDC's unique commitment to making a difference in business that has led to long-term success.
at Croft Promosport Ltd
Dalton upon Tees, United Kingdom