Event on 2013-12-10 09:30:00
Good copywriting has never been more important. New media depend on the written word, from emails to facebook. Organisations are investing heavily in tone of voice guidelines to strengthen their brand. And traditional media such as direct mail and press continue to benefit from powerful, persuasive writing. This workshop gives writers fresh insights and helps them add value to their clients and agencies
About the trainer
Richard Spencer was a senior writer at JWT, TBWA, Y&R and a number of boutique agencies with very silly names. He won awards for copywriting and creativity that include D&AD, Cannes, One Show, British Television and Creative Circle. He now runs his own writing agency, A Thousand Monkeys, making words work harder for BT, Mercedes and the Arts University Bournemouth. He has also run tone of voice workshops for businesses such as ITV, Time Warner and O2.
The workshop is ideal for:
The half-day session is perfect for copywriters and marketers who want to give their content a shot in the arm with new techniques and ideas.
As well as lunch, tea, coffee, and biscuits, the workshop includes the following topics:
Create a killer home page
- 5 must haves you need for a
compelling positioning statement
- Why you’re not the main story
- What hooks readers into your site?
- The questions your visitors have
before they arrive
The perfect webpage
- How headlines and subheads work
- How long is too long?
- How to add elements that add value
How to create great content
- What can you do to attract more visitors?
- How do you blog from scratch?
- How to use word effectively for websites
Writing with impact
- What you need to know about SEO
- How to say it shorter but keep the impact
- How to write persuasively and drives sales
Bookings will not be accepted unless accompanied by payment and cancellations must be received no later than one month (28 days) before the course if a full refund is to be given. Cancellations received within 2 to 4 weeks of the first date of course will be refunded 50%. No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 14 days.
at Enterprise Pavilion
Poole, United Kingdom