Career Choice Workshop
Event on 2013-06-29 14:00:00
- Are you completely lost about which career path you should embark on?
- Are you sick and tired of your current job?
- Are you wondering if you are really suitable for the career you are stuck with today?
- Now is your chance to find out who you are really meant to be, and what’s the perfect career for you?
Many of us pursue education and jobs, based on what was popular at the time and depending on what our family encouraged us to do. However, we don’t really like what we do and soon realize that there must be something better out there. We spend a large part of our lives and the majority of our waking hours in the workplace. Therefore, it makes perfect sense to do whatever we can, to make this time as enjoyable and productive as possible.
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs (Co-founder of Apple Inc.).
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
So you can achieve both success and satisfaction at work, which is something most people cannot accomplish.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- A detailed and concrete picture of all your characteristics and preferences (passions, skills, values, interests, personality, etc), which should be taken into account when making a career choice.
- Guidance on how to use your characteristics and preferences to shortlist a few matching career options, where you will be successful and satisfied.
- Techniques to research short-listed jobs to understand the entry requirements based on your background and also what career path you can expect.
- Perspectives on being an entrepreneur, including the benefits, drawbacks and information on what it takes to work for yourself.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN?
Through a mix of presentations and practical exercises, all delivered in an active and engaging way.
WHO WILL BE PRESENTING & CONDUCTING THE WORKSHOP?
Nigel has 25 years general management experience in both the private and public sectors in Europe. In addition to an educational background in philosophy, psychology, theology and communications, he has advanced qualifications in business, adult education and coaching.
Nigel was also an associate lecturer with the UK’s Open University Business School for 13 years on their Professional Diploma in Management / MBA course, and an associate lecturer with Dublin Institute of Technology. Nigel is also a Certified Trainer and Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and a Certified Coach.
Ryan has 6 years of consultancy experience in the financial industry as a self-employed professional. He has attained the ChFC designation by The American College of Financial Services, and qualified for 5 consecutive years of Million Dollar Round Table, an award given to the top 1% of the financial consultants in the world.
After working as a civil servant for four years, Ryan decided to venture into the financial advisory business and he managed to earn his first million dollars as a financial consultant. He is now both a coach and mentor for many young entrepreneurs today. He is also grooming and leading a group of young financial consultants in one of the largest financial advisory firm in Singapore.
at 10 Collyer Quay #26-01
10 Collyer Quay