Certified ScrumMaster Weekender – Dulles, VA (Town Center)
Event on 2013-01-26 09:00:00
Scrum Master Study Guide Included.
Get Your Practice Exam.
Why Attend 3Back's Certified ScrumMaster Training?
- Delivered by industry leading experts
- Develop a real product in class
- Sharpen essential scrum and agile skills
- Discover the impact of how agile/scrum works
- Earn Your Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) designation from the Scrum Alliance.
- We make training fun and provide lunch
Who Should Attend
- People on all levels of the corporate structure dealing with rapidly changing demands
- Product Managers, Testers, PM, Analysts, Developers, Managers, Directors, CIO'S, CTO's, CMO's, and CEO's
- Experience on development teams
- Those facing complex product/project development efforts
- Completed Introduction to Agile Methods or
- Practical experience with Agile or Scrum
What you get…
- Engaging scrum training from a leading industry expert with years of practical experience
- PMI® (14 PDUs)
- Recognition from the Scrum Alliance as a Certified ScrumMaster after the assessment given by the Scrum Alliance
- Refreshments and delicious lunch served both days
- Hot coffee available all day long
- A one year membership in the Scrum Alliance (a value)
- Course kit includes a color workbook/reference guide, sprint planning cards, and job aids
Benefits of Scrum Framework
- Rather than plan, instruct and direct, the agile project manager facilitates, coaches and leads. The ScrumMaster uses the framework to help the team mature.
- The roles of ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Team form a triangle that sits at the core of the Scrum Framework.
- Scrum describes several patterns for helping the team improve it's velocity so that it can deliver on the promise of product development.
The course is an intensive interactive session designed to leverage your experiences so that you can explore the practice of Scrum and relate it to your work environment.
- Leverage Natural Rhythms and Time-boxing
- Establish a flow of product delivery
- Details ScrumMaster, Product Owner and The Team
- Use Sprint Planning and Release Planning techniques
- Build and groom both the Product Backlog & Sprint Backlog
- Write User Stories and other kinds of Stories to build robust Capabilities
- Understand the purpose of Sprint Review and Retrospective
- Build cross-functional teams
- Scaling for the Enterprise and Multi-Team Environments
- Use progress metrics to inform decision making
- Estimate and size work items
- Leverage a Buildup Chart over a Burndown Chart
- Use Sprint Goals to manage expectations
High Quality Training from Top Scrum Experts at 3Back
- Delivered by leading Scrum trainers in the US
- Training ulitzing modern adult learning practices
- Robust simulations and relavent Scrum applications
Certification & Scrum Alliance Membership
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) designation upon completion of online assessment
- One year membership to the Scrum Alliance ( value)
PMI Professional Development Units (PDU's)
- PMP's – 14 PDU's from PMI® upon completion of this course.
Socially Connect With 3Back
Optional Reading for the Course
Exploring Scrum: The Fundamentals (People, Product, and Practices) by Dan Rawsthorne and Doug Shimp. Dan Rawsthorne and Doug Shimp have trained and coached thousands of people, most of them whom are already using Scrum, their most common complaint is that they need help to do it right. And many (if not most) of them need some help.
This book is for them and others like them.
This book is not an introductory text. Dan and Doug assume that those who read this book know, or think they know, something about Scrum. This book takes a deep, exploratory, look into the Scrum framework, and offers advice about how to think about it, and how to use it. Some of this advice is philosophical, some is pragmatic, some is practical, and some of it is controversial.
Hosted by: 3Back Scrum Training
Managed By: 3Back's Digital Marketing Partner Tuna Traffic
at Courtyard Dulles Town Center
45500 Majestic Drive
Dulles, United States