Crafting for Business – 20th July (10:30-15:00)
Event on 2014-07-20 10:30:00
When is the course? Crafting for Business, 20th July (10:30-15:00)
What will I learn? During this workshop you will lean the techniques needed to turn a hobby into a business we’ll take you through lots topics essential to the running of your business including:
• Pricing your work – what’s your work worth? What will someone pay for it?
• Where to sell – Online, markets & craft fairs, high street retail
• Marketing you products – making your products stand out & art of attracting a bit of free publicity
• Websites & e commerce – how & where to start in terms of a web presence how to drive traffic to your site
• Social media facebook twitter & blogs – making social media work for you
• Financing – raising funds, budgeting & managing your money
To barcode or not to barcode? – Barcoding can open doors to all sorts of retailers but is it worth the cost?
• How & where to get help & advice to either start your business from scratch or develop your business to the next level.
All of the days work is followed up with handouts for you take home.
Who will be teaching? Hayley teaches the crafting for business course she has been running businesses & craft workshops for 7 years and does demonstrations in all types of crafts for Create & Craft.
What will I make? You won’t be making any crafts on this course it’s all about taking your craft or hobby and making it into a viable business.
What do I need to bring? Please bring with you a pen & note pad although everything we talk about will be backed up with handout notes. Also bring with you some examples of your craft as it’s helpful to see the products themselves so we are able to give advice that’s specific to your products.
Who is this Crafting for Business course for? Crafting for Business is for anyone with a hobby they are looking to turn into a money making venture as well as those who are already up and running but looking to expand their business and reach out to a larger market.
How many will be on the course? Our classes are limited to 8 per session to make sure that everyone gets all of the help that they need and in a smaller group we are able to give more personalized advice on your individual businesses.
What is the cost & what is included? The price for the Crafting for Business course is £35, this includes all of the handouts materials.
Where is the course held? This course will take place in our Craft Studio at Northumberland Street, North Shields, NE30 1DS. Our Craft Studio is about 8 miles from Newcastle City Centre and is less than 10 minutes walk from either Tynemouth or North Shields Metro Station. We have a light airy studio which is upstairs, with tea & coffee facilities for refreshments for more details contact Hayley or Brigitte at Craft Yourself Silly on 0191 4063523.
Lunch? Tea and coffee is included in the price, but you will have to bring a packed lunch with you on the day.
We operate a simple cancellation policy once you have confirmed a booking for an onsite course:
• Please let us know as soon as possible if you have to cancel. Cancellations can be accepted by telephone, letter, fax or email, but telephone cancellations must be backed up by written or email confirmation.
• If you cancel more than 3 days before the course we will do our best to move you onto an alternative course of equal value.
• If you cancel less than 3 working days before the course takes place you will be charged the full amount. This is to cover advance travel and subsistence costs that might be incurred by us.
• We reserve the right to cancel a course at any time without liability. Should this occur, you will be offered an alternative date or a refund.
Please note that by booking our courses you are accepting our cancellation terms.
at Craft Yourself Silly
North Shields, United Kingdom