Creating Websites with WordPress
Event on 2013-06-18 10:00:00
2 Day Course
Day: Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Time: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Price from: £230
This two day course will enable you to build your own self hosted Word Press web site either from scratch or by editing existing templates and themes. To do this course you should already have a basic understanding of WordPress, HTML and CSS. We also offer one-to-one tuition in WordPress.
- Overview of WordPress
- Setting up a local development environment
- Managing MySQL databases with PHPMyAdmin
- Installing WordPress
- Overview of the interface and the dashboard
- Adding users and assigning different user roles
- Setting up reading and post options
- Creating, adding, updating and assigning menus
- Creating SEO friendly URLs
- How WordPress pages are structured
- How a theme is structured
- Building the sidebar
- Creating a custom home page
- Installing a theme
- Activating & deactivating themes
- Editing Themes and Templates
- How templates pages fit into the WordPress structure
- Overview of how PHP is coded for WordPress
- Creating your own WordPress template page
Course requirements: This course is suitable for anyone with basic WordPress, HTML and CSS knowledge.
We also offer an HTML & CSS for Email course.
View Full course details: http://www.westlandplacestudios.com/course/creating-websites-with-word-press
020 3397 4567
The short courses programme at Westland Place Studios is run by Platform 39. For all booking enquiries please call us on 020 3397 4567. We reserve the right to cancel a course no later than 7 days before the start date if there are insufficient numbers booked onto the course. Under such circumstances a full refund will be given to anyone who has already paid.
Before booking a place on any of our courses please ensure that you have read our booking policy.
at Westland Place Studios
Islington, United Kingdom