Crisis Management for the Hospitality Industry Summit
Event on 2013-05-30 07:30:00
When: May. 30, 2013, 7:30am – 5:15pm
Campus Location: Stan Fulton Building – International Gaming Institute
Experience the Unthinkable
It can happen in an instant – a fire, a flood, an act of terrorism. We prepare, we write plans, we train employees, but what happens at the decision-making level when a crisis occurs?
Join us for an opportunity to experience first-hand the problem-solving activities of an unfolding simulated disaster, based on recent actual events. Attendees will be lead through a choreographed disaster experience by emergency preparedness trainers.
In addition to time for networking, the morning sessions feature a number of speakers.
- Chris Smith, chief of the Nevada Division of Emergency Management—Homeland Security
- Dr. Peter Tarlow, emergency management consultant and Founder of Tourism and More
- James Stover, account manager, MassMedia
- Ric Newell, safety compliance and training manager, New York-New York Hotel & Casino
- Captain Al Salinas, Las Vegas Metro Police and director, Southern Nevada Counter-Terrorism Center
For additional information visit the Caesars Hospitality Research Center webpage. Admission Information:
Registration is 0; visit the Crisis Management for the Hospitality Industry Summit registration webpage to reserve your spot and pay. Also, .6 CEUs are available for attendees with the additional fee payable through the registration webpage.
Who Should Attend
The goal of this conference is to start the dialog – within organizations, and between the responsible players in a crisis situation.
- CEOs, managers, and owners of hospitality companies
- Security and facilities personnel
- Human resources personnel
- Meeting, event and conference planners
- Public relations professionals
- Crisis management consultants
- Related service/product providers
- Researchers studying the topic of crisis management
- Regulatory and government officials
- Representatives from aid organizations
- First responders
Name: Gael Hancock
Office: BEH 343
at University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV)
4505 South Maryland Parkway
Las Vegas, United States