Cyborg Camp YVR
Event on 2013-05-11 08:30:00
CyborgCamp YVR 2013 is a not-for profit conference about the future of the relationship between humans and technology. We’ll discuss topics such as the future of communication, cyborg technology, anthropology, psychology, philosophy, the Internet of Things, social media, design, code, inventions, and Twitter. There will be an art gallery and interactive installations/wearable computing at the event.
If you have an interest in developing or using technology and want to hear some of the world's foremost experts in strategy, design and implementation then this is the conference for you. Breakfast, lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Tickets are limited and this event will sell out so book today.
We have world-class speakers from Portland, London and Vancouver:
- Amber Case – Director, Esri R&D – http://cyborganthropology.com/
- "She's a digital native. She's from the future. She's come back to help us figure out how to think." – Kris Krug, in Fast Company
- Amber Case is a cyborg anthropologist, examining the way humans and technology interact and evolve together. Like all anthropologists, Case watches people, but her fieldwork involves observing how they participate in digital networks, analyzing the various ways we project our personalities, communicate, work, play, share ideas and even form values. Case founded Geoloqi.com, a private location-sharing application, out of a frustration with existing social protocols around text messaging and way finding.
- Watch “We are all cyborgs now” – http://www.ted.com/talks/amber_case_we_are_all_cyborgs_now.html
- Recon Instruments is a Canadian technology company, which introduced the world’s first Heads-up Display (HUD) products to a consumer market. The company has developed HUD solutions for the alpine sports market, which provide hands-free performance stats, navigation and communications information, direct-to-eye, in real-time.
- Mike has 15 years of experience in Europe and North America as a strategist and creative leader of integrated digital marketing, interactive TV, mobile, social media, and retail campaigns for global brands such as Nike, Jordan Brand, Unilever, Microsoft, and Starbucks. His arrival accompanies Invoke Labs, a separate incubation company that focuses on developing products.
- Ben is a London, UK based interaction design director with a background in fine art, graphics and electronic music. His focus is on the open, pervasive and social Internet – crafting products and services that combine networked technology with physical stuff. He is a member of Council – A think tank for the Internet of Things.
- Tangible Interaction blends art, design and technology to create interactive spaces and experiences that spark a sense of wonder.
- A communicative and enthusiastic Creative Lead with extensive experience in Strategic design and User Experience design in the Internet, software and telecommunication industry.
- Drummer, interaction designer, videographer, urban design enthusiast
More details on speakers and their subjects can be seen at http://bc.cyborgcamp.com/speakers/.
This will be a great day and we'd love for you to join us.
257 E 7th Ave