Essential PR skills for European communications – Brussels
Event on 2013-05-14 09:30:00
Strategic public relations best practice in actionA three-day intermediate Focused Immersion Seminar covering the full spectrum of strategic public relations skills
This three-day public relations master-class covers the full spectrum of strategy, campaign management and media relations competencies. You will master the media landscape, news values and journalist psychology; learn innovative media engagement tactics. The training includes case studies that demonstrate successful pan-European communications strategy and campaigns. You will also hear from Brussels based journalist on how the EU media landscape works.Course format
Intensive PR skills for European Communications is a Pinnacle Focused Immersion Seminar. This training format focuses intensively on a single set of competencies for three days. It is designed to develop practical and enduring expertise in one particular specialty.
A major highlight is the opportunity to build media interview skills in videotaped role-play exercises with individual coaching.
This course is modular: on each day you will work through four modules, each covering a set of key concepts and skills. Within each module, best practice and key concepts are covered off in a concise briefing, followed by a range of stimulating learning activities like team workshops, group discussions, topical case studies and role-play exercises.
- Day 1: Communication strategy design and development
- Day 2: Planning and managing PR campaigns
- Day 3: Essential media relations
After this course you will be able to:
- Understand and use the techniques and analysis for planning public relations strategy
- Understand how to transform strategy into campaign tactics
- Learn how to monitor and evaluate communications campaigns
- Navigate clearly through the landscape of media, journalists and news
- Make strong news judgments to secure prominent coverage
- Pitch stories effectively to journalists to get even borderline stories published
- Engage the media proactively using creative PR platforms and techniques
- Conduct media relations online
Who should attendThis is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in PR, marketing or communication. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques.
at Pinnacle PR Brussels
Rue Ducale 83