Freshly Brewed – Crisis Management
Event on 2014-02-18 08:30:00
In communications terms there should be no such thing as a crisis! Because your careful planning will have anticipated what might happen and worked out in advance how to handle it, whether it’s the sort of catastrophic event that affects your organisation’s operations or simply something unforeseen such as employee misbehaviour or customer dissatisfaction.
This FRESHLY BREWED workshop will help you understand what constitutes a crisis and why is it important; how a badly handled crisis can put your organisation out of business; the importance of effective planning, identifying the right people to manage the crisis and the importance of the correct training and rehearsal.
The workshop will also look at the difference between crisis handling and business continuity and how the crisis management team and the business continuity team must liaise effectively.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will have a clear understanding of how to plan and rehearse their crisis communication.
• Understanding the risks of a badly managed crisis and how a badly handled crisis can put your organisation out of business
• Embracing a crisis communication strategy to mitigate reputation risk
• Effectively planning and identifying the right people to manage the crisis and the importance of the correct training and rehearsal
• Managing the media, the challenges of 24/7 news delivery and how will the media respond
• Leveraging social media as an effective communication tool internally and externally
• Selecting and training media responders and designating the parameters of their authority
Tea/Coffee will be available on arrival.
This session will be delivered by Neil Jones, a CIPR Accredited Practitioner and experienced trainer both in the UK and the Middle East. In a 40 year career Neil has worked in public relations and marketing in a wide range of industries from marine electronics through the motor industry to brewing and, for the last 20 years, oil & gas.
He is a Fellow of the Institute of Internal Communications and has been a director of Aberdeen Performing Arts – the charitable status trust that runs the three main performing arts venues in the city – since it was formed in 2002, helping to see through two formal change management processes. He is currently vice-chairman and chairs the HSE and HR board sub-committees.
Freshly Brewed is a series of half-day training sessions that address a different PR theme each session. Each has been designed in response to feedback from the membership survey to reflect what our members want. Each session counts as 5 CPD points.
Please get in touch should you have any training related questions email@example.com
Bookings are non-refundable. Payable in advance.
at Edinburgh Training Centre
16 Street Mary s Street
Edinburgh, United States