Freshly Brewed – Internal Communications
Event on 2015-03-31 08:30:00
“Our most valuable asset is our people”. How many times do you see or hear that? And yet, for many organisations, communicating with their staff seems to be difﬁcult. But without proper communications, changing staff from mere employees into strong ambassadors for your organisation is unlikely to happen.
This FRESHLY BREWED workshop will look at staff engagement and how good internal communications is vital to creating that engagement.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will have a clear understanding of what factors contribute to employee engagement, how corporate cultures are created, how to develop key messages and select the best communications channel and how social media is impacting on internal communications.
• Deﬁning differences between what employees need to know to do their jobs, and what they need to know to make them true ambassadors for your organisation
• Evaluating the return on investment (ROI) of employee retention
• Knowing your audience: Who sets the lead and creates the corporate culture?
• Magnifying the impact of internal communications on the culture of the organisation
• Reviewing the importance of two way communication
• Fitting your internal communications strategy into your business plan
• Recognising ways of adults learn and react
• Picking the right communications channels
• Integrating social media into your internal communication mix within the organisation.
Tea/Coffee will be available on arrival.
This session will be delivered by Neil Jones, a CIPR Accredited Practitioner and experienced trainer both in the UK and the Middle East. In a 40 year career Neil has worked in public relations and marketing in a wide range of industries from marine electronics through the motor industry to brewing and, for the last 20 years, oil & gas.
He is a Fellow of the Institute of Internal Communications and has been a director of Aberdeen Performing Arts – the charitable status trust that runs the three main performing arts venues in the city – since it was formed in 2002, helping to see through two formal change management processes. He is currently vice-chairman and chairs the HSE and HR board sub-committees.
Freshly Brewed is a series of half-day training sessions that address a different PR theme each session. Each has been designed in response to feedback from the membership survey to reflect what our members want. Each session counts as 5 CPD points.
Please get in touch should you have any training related questions email@example.com
Bookings are non-refundable. Payable in advance.
at Edinburgh Training Centre
16 Street Mary s Street
Edinburgh, United States