Graduate Talent for International Business
Event on 2014-07-10 09:30:00
Graduates with language and cultural skills can help you break into new markets.
Are you an exporter? Have you encountered barriers when breaking into foreign markets? The solution may be closer than you think!
Have you ever thought about taking on a graduate who could help you overcome language and cultural barriers, provide you with a competitive edge in international markets and open up the world of opportunities?
This event will be a unique opportunity to learn how UKTI & Yorkshire Universities’ Postgraduates for International Business Programme could help you find skilled, qualified graduates who will be equipped with language and cultural skills and who could:
- support you in your export journey
- help you bridge a cultural and linguistic gap with your target markets
- improve and expedite your communication with target markets
It will be a wonderful chance for you to:
�� learn from the experience of other SMEs who have blazed the graduate trail
�� gain invaluable advice for your business
�� explore new ways of utilising graduate talent for your export operations
�� identify bespoke projects that could elevate your international presence and could be delivered by a graduate
9:30 – Coffee
9:45 – Welcome and Introduction
(Prof. Bob Cryan, Vice Chancellor of the University of Huddersfield)
10:00 – How can Exporters benefit from the help of skilled and qualified graduates?
(Stephen Boyd, Head of Careers and Employability, University of Huddersfield)
10:30 – Postgraduates for International Business – programme overview
(UK Trade & Investment and Yorkshire Universities)
10:45 – 11:00 – Coffee & networking
11:00 – 12:00 – Case Studies
1) Diamond in the rough, i.e. how employing graduates with international business skills can help you break into foreign markets by ICS-digital LLP
Matt Roche, International Content Marketing, ICS-digital LLP
2) Graduate Boost for Export, i.e. Opportunities that come with employing graduates for international business by Principle Healthcare International
Victoria Boldison, International Brand Manager, Principle Healthcare International.
12:00 – Summary
12:15 Lunch and Networking
Rules of engagement
- You need to be keen on increasing your exports
- Come with an open mind
- Be positive, creative and draw ideas from others
- Embrace the potential of graduates and be ahead of the game – they are the ones that shape many commercial sectors now and will continue to do so in the future!
Come and explore Graduate Talent for International Business.
at University Students’ Union
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom