HMRC Business expenses and capital allowances for the self-employed – Free Workshop
Event on 2013-02-19 11:00:00
About the event
The HM Revenue and Customs Business Education & Support Team will explain business expenses and capital allowances for the self-employed.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at the self-employed. Please note: The Business Expenses and Capital Allowances for the self-employed workshop is not applicable to directors of limited companies.
Anyone who is self-employed or considering becoming self-employed may attend.
What will it cover?
The following subjects will be covered during the workshop:-
- what allowable business expenses are and how to work out your tax allowances
- how to recognise the most common types of allowable business expenses
- how to identify allowable and non-allowable business expenses
- the different ways to work out your motoring expenses
- how to correctly work out capital allowances for cars, other vehicles and equipment using examples
- where to find any further information and help you may need
- Self Assessment Online
Dates and Times
Venue- University of Essex – Business Hub
Date- Tuesday 19th February 2013
Registration- From 10:30
Hot drinks will be available from our Flavia drinks machine at a cost of 80p per cup.
Check out our other courses
HMRC How Vat Works – Free Course
HMRC Newly Self Employed – Free Course
HMRC Introduction to International Trade – Free Course
Search Engine Optimisation
Social Media Marketing
DIY PR: How to raise your profile in the media
at University of Essex Business Hub
4th Floor, Gateway Building
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom