How to do your own PR: a workshop for interiors, design & lifestyle brands
Event on 2013-10-02 14:00:00
Following the successful Spring season of workshops, an exclusive PR workshop to help interiors, design and lifestyle companies learn how to best promote their products and services to the press is back in London on the 2nd October!
Limited exclusively to 12 participants, to ensure a highly interactive and in-depth format, it's a quick seller, so book your space now!
Have you wondered how your rivals seem to be in every magazine? Or have you been trying to get coverage and don't know where you're going wrong? This workshop is just for you!
During the workshop you will learn:
- How to write a press release – essential dos and don'ts
- The importance of images – lifestyles vs cut outs
- Handling press loans
- Using social media for PR
- Meeting with journalists – how to build relationships with the press
- The interiors journalist's calender
- Dealing with media lead times
- The importance of targeting
- PR etiquette – how to communicate and what to avoid
The workshop is run by Charlotte Duckworth, an interiors journalist with more than ten years' experience working for leading consumer magazines and websites, including Ideal Home, Homes & Gardens, Livingetc and GoodHomes. More about Charlotte below.
Who should attend
The workshop is ideal for companies who cannot afford to use a PR firm, or who would prefer to deal with their PR in-house.
This morning workshop will be an interactive session with elements of in-depth education and discussion, covering:
- Introduction to PR for interiors, design and lifestyle companies
- Media outlets overview – what newspapers, magazines, websites and bloggers are looking for
- Press release best practice – how to get it right
- Images are everything – how to use images to best effect
- Media relations – building relationships with journalists
- How to find angles – getting creative with your PR
- PR etiquette – best behaviour and things to avoid
The workshop is taking place at the creative meeting space at the citizenM hotel London Southbank, designed by Dutch architectural firm Concrete, with the rooms are designed in cooperation with Vitra. With a 2pm start, the 3.5 hours between 2pm and 5:30pm will be filled with educational content, group discussions and new ideas ready to be implemented.
Your workshop leader
Charlotte Duckworth is the co-founder and Head of Content & PR at DECORUM – an integrated communications agency specialising in growing interior design businesses through social media, content marketing and PR.
Charlotte has more than ten years’ experience working for most of the leading consumer interiors magazines and websites, including GoodHomes, Livingetc, Homes & Gardens and House Beautiful. She also worked on the launch of the UK’s largest decorating website, housetohome.co.uk, and helped launch many successful blogs, including Life.Style.Etc and Country Days.
She has also been working as a PR consultant for the past eighteen months, helping clients with their PR campaigns.
at citizenM hotel London Bankside
20 Lavington Street
The Borough, United Kingdom