How To Market A Book – A Day Seminar with Joanna Penn
Event on 2013-11-30 10:30:00
The first job of an author is, of course, to write great books, but these days, their second job is to market them.
This full-day seminar is for authors who want to sell more books, but it’s also for those writers who want to think more like an entrepreneur. It’s for traditionally published authors who want to take control of their future, and for self-published authors who want to jump-start a career.
We’ll be covering:
- Marketing Principles and Prerequisites – exploring your definition of success, balancing your time, generosity and co-opetition
- Your Book Fundamentals – covering editing, cover design, knowing your target market as well as your book page on the retail websites, pricing and sampling
- No Platform Needed: Short Term Marketing – book reviews, paid advertising and traditional media
- Your Platform: Long Term Marketing – branding, your author website, list management, content marketing with text, audio and video, plus social networking and professional speaking
- Tips for launching your book and where to get started, as well as Q&A
Joanna Penn is the author of 'Career Change' and the #1 bestseller ‘How To Market A Book’. She also writes the bestselling ARKANE thrillers under J.F.Penn. Joanna’s site for writers www.TheCreativePenn.com has been voted one of the Top 10 Blogs for writers 3 years running and offers articles, audio and video on writing, publishing and book marketing. Connect with Joanna on twitter @thecreativepenn
at Caledonian Suite, Mercure Hotel
Inverness, United Kingdom