Intern Interview Day
Event on 2013-02-06 10:00:00
Interviews for LWS's latest batch of Interns will be held at the LWS Offices on Wed 6 Feb. Paid programmes in marketing, writing, social media, web and graphic design and a chance to chat to our Intern success story Hannah who is now in her new full time position.
The LWS Work Experience and Internship Programmes
LWS are keen to offer Work Experience (unpaid) and Internship (paid) opportunities for forward thinking, self motivated candidates with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Some past and current employees have earned permanent positions following the work experience and internship programmes. Another team member came to us via a work experience programme through Employer Engagement. Other work experience candidates have moved on from LWS with great examples of workplace experience to enhance their CVs for future career benefit.
Work Experience and Intern Programmes are available as follows:
- Desk Top Publishing and Graphic Design
For budding DTP or graphic designers (or a combination of both). For these programmes, a reasonable level of experience in Quark, Publisher, Illustrator or InDesign is required.
- Social Media, Blogging and Email Marketing
Do you want to enhance your social media experience? A good basic knowledge of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn are required. Email marketing (using MailChimp) and blogging are also be a key part of this role.
Could you assist with course administration and/or write course content, promoting courses via email marketing and learn to deliver some of the training? Working alongside our in-house Training Co-Ordinator, this is a great opportunity for someone with organisational skills and movitation.
- Web Administration/Technical/Web Design
We are interested to hear from web developers and designers at varying levels. PHP, Magento, Drupal and WordPress skills are of particular interest. Fireworks and Photoshop knowledge is required.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Pay per Click (PPC)
Working alongside our Google Adwords Professionals and highly experienced Brighton-based SEO team, develop your existing SEO skills whilst working on many of our local, regional, national and international campaigns.
For the Work Experience Programme, positions are unpaid, although travelling expenses will be covered.
Internships are paid at a training rate and can lead to an Apprenticeship, followed by a permanent position for successful candidates.
To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with all of the following details:
- your available start date
- days and hours you can be available (a minimumm of 15hrs per week for at least a 3-month period for both Work Experience and Internships)
- the type of work experience you are interested in (web, design, marketing, project work etc)
- any relevant previous work experience, skills or qualifications you have
- examples of past work, where relavent
- why you think you’re the best person to be on our programme!
Arundel, United Kingdom