Introduction to Drupal
Event on 2014-12-10 09:30:00
This 2-day course will cover the basics of building a Drupal site, core modules and some of the more popular contributed modules.
Anyone who wants to learn how to build websites with Drupal.
To be able to install a Drupal web server, install and configure your Drupal site. Modify the theme of the site to take on your required look and feel.
A basic understanding of web terminology would be beneficial.
- Introduction to web technologies, web servers, and FTP
- Installing a local web server
- Installing Drupal
- Walking through the basic concepts, creating node types, adding content, handling users etc
- Navigating through the administration console
- Managing site content
- Walk through the core modules
- Installing contributed modules
- Using pathauto to build clean URLs
- Introduction to SEO (Search Engine Optimization) techniques in Drupal
- Handling images, covering the various options available.
- WYSIWYG editors, pros and cons of available editors and installing CKEditor
- Views modules – creating pages of content
- CCK module – adding custom fields to your content types
- Other common contributed modules (organic groups, event and more)
- Introduction to theming in Drupal
- Using Templates
- Modifying core CSS
- Adding custom CSS
at Qdos Computer Consultants Ltd
Purley, United Kingdom