Introduction to SEO
Event on 2013-03-20 08:00:00
LEARN SEO FROM EXPERT PRACTITIONERS!
This course is a full day of instruction that introduces you to the basics of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
About 312 Digital:
312 Digital is a Chicago-based company that provides in person digital marketing training classes. Learn more about the company, our teaching methods and mission at http://312digital.com.
The flow of this class:
Each 312 Digital class follows a similar format.
- Each class is a full day of intense instruction designed to teach you exactly what you need to know in order to market your business online.
- Each class is made up of three or four different two hour or more segments taught by local experts who practice what they preach – each instructor is expert in the area they teach with up-to-date skills.
- Each two hour or more class section follows the following basic approach:
- 90 or more minutes of lecture and Q&A (some instructors prefer to hold Q&A until the end of lecture, others encourage it during their discussion).
- 30 minutes of small group breakout session to discuss what you learned from the previous 90 minutes and how you plan to apply those concepts to your business. This will encourage deeper relationships with your fellow students and give you an opportunity to embed the content from the previous session by thinking about and discussing it in the context of your specific business.
In this class, you will learn:
- History of Search Engines & SEO
- Contextual overview of On-page, Off-page & Technical aspects of SEO.
Taught by Sean McGinnis
- Content types and styles
- On-page optimization factors
- Keyword research
- How to write optimized content
Taught by Carolyn Shelby Off-Page Optimization
- The importance of off-page optimization
- Off-page optimization factors
- Link building tactics that work today
- Link building tactics to stay away from
- Other off-page optimization issues
Taught by Dave Rohrer
- Analytics and research tools for your website
- Google Analytics for SEO
- Competitive SEO analytics and research
- Using analytics to drive content creation, link building, social, and more
Taught by Eric Pratum
- One full day of in-person, hard core, how-to SEO knowledge taught by expert practitioners.
- Printed copy of all course materials for easy reference and note taking.
- 90 days FREE membership in our online forum where you can interact with fellow students and receive assistance from 312 Digital instructors.
- Certificate of course completion.
Who should attend Introduction to SEO?
Introduction to SEO will introduce you to concepts used daily by nearly every digital marketer.
This course is perfect for:
- Small business owners or those accountable to owners who are interested in learning how to market their business online.
- Employees of mid to large sized businesses who are tasked with marketing their business online.
- Individuals who are interested in learning a new skill set to make themselves more employable in a growth industry.
- College students or recent graduates interested in learning more about the digital marketing industry.
- Anyone who is on the verge of hiring a consultant or firm covered by one of these content areas. By the time this course is completed, you will possess a highly functional digital marketing BS detector.
at DePaul Center
1 East Jackson
Chicago, United States