Land Your Dream Job – Building Your Brand and Promoting Yourself Online
Event on 2012-09-25 19:00:00
Land Your Dream Job…
Building Your Brand and Promoting Yourself Online
Join RJI instructor and online marketing expert Travis Smith on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 for an evening filled with actionable tips on how you can build your name and personal brand before graduating at Mizzou. The event is open to all Business Marketing and Journalism students who are interested in establishing themselves and making themselves marketable upon graduating.
1) Edelman Recruitment Coordinator, Emma Shiflett, will discuss what she looks for in finding and interviewing candidates from interns up through Senior Account Executives.
Edelman was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Advertising Age in 2010 and 2012, Advertising Age’s “A-List Agencies” in both 2010 and 2011, and The Holmes Report’s “2011 Global Agency of the Year” and its 2011 “North American Large Agency of the Year”.
2) Mizzou 2011 graduate, Lauren Bradley of Performics, will walk through step-by-step ways of building your brand, increasing your bargaining power and landing your dream job. She will also be giving away her cover letter as a free resource to students. Lauren is also giving all attending students a free 30 minute phone consultation once they have taken action to establish their names.
- Learn how to rank highly in Google for your own name
- Discover interview do's and don'ts as reported by Edelman HR expert
- Get a stellar cover letter template that helped Lauren land job offers in Chicago, Seattle, and San Fran
- Take advantage of the Q&A session
Tuesday, September 25th at 7:00 pm in Lee Hills Auditorium
at Columbia Missourian (room 110- Lee Hills)
221 South Eighth Street
Columbia, United States