Launch Workshop: Oct 2013 series – Tuesdays
Event on 2013-10-15 18:00:00
ventureLAB Launch Workshop
Staring October 15th, 2013 (7 weeks)
Statistics show that the majority of companies do not survive a year after their first product launch.
After all the planning, preparation and investment, the business finally goes LIVE. Now you have to manage customers, suppliers, partners, staff, investors, and juggle all their expectations and concerns in real-time. Your survival depends on balancing the business basics, while detecting and adapting to opportunities and changes in the marketplace. During this critical phase, your established assumptions, beliefs and confidence are continuously challenged. The conflicting emotions of fear, exhilaration and frustration are an everyday state of mind as you race to win customers and successfully maneuver with tight cash restrictions.
During this time it is vital to both execute effectively and begin building a smart foundation for future growth. The choices your company makes at this time will have a profound impact on near-term survival, future performance, and your ultimate exit prospects. Every day requires a new balancing act.
ventureLAB has developed the Launch Workshop Series to provide a holistic approach to building the knowledge, skills and advisory support network necessary to successfully navigate this phase, and emerge with a solid foundation for scaling your organization.
Respecting that time is your most critical resource in this phase we assembled a program of 7 crucial workshops to help you skip the process of learning by trial and error. Your participation and time commitment should be viewed as a mandatory personal and professional investment. Your learning experience will include:
- Techniques and tools for attracting the right customers and closing more deals. Marketing, Sales workshops will expose you to best practices in Internet marketing, lead generation, creating and managing a sales funnel, and closing reference customers. The session on Pivoting will enable you to better understand the requirement to fine-tune your product, value proposition and messaging to accelerate market adoption.
- Improving your investor readiness by demonstrating a more “balanced” organization driven by objective market intelligence and supported by solid processes and tools.
- Getting better control of your cash position by understanding the important dynamics of cash flow management. Get off the “cash treadmill” and learn how to anticipate your cash requirements and spending capabilities. Also gain knowledge of potential sources of working capital, including techniques for better customer/supplier negotiation.
- Understanding how to develop and prioritize key metrics and implement simple business intelligence systems. Your will learn how to determine what you measure, and how to better understand, track and evaluate your results.
- Efficiently expanding your advisory and support network. Learn to build and capitalize on the advice and support of a high performance team, Advisory Board and growing professional network.
Make it your personal priority to join the ventureLAB workshop team.
Dates: 7 Weeks, Tuesdays, October 15th, 22nd, 29th, November 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th.
LOCATION: Markham Convergence Centre, ventureLAB, 7271 Warden Avenue, Second Floor
COST: No cost to registered ventureLAB clients
For questions please contact:
Mercedeh Andalibi firstname.lastname@example.org
at Executive Board Room
7271 Warden Avenue