Learn the Art of Pastel Painting
Event on 2015-03-12 12:30:00
You will be introduced to the materials and the many ways of using Pastels. Experience not necessary. Classes are designed for all levels of skill and the basic principles of painting – value, color, composition, etc. – will be covered to provide a foundation for all.
The classes are set to meet Thursdays, 12:30 – 3:30p for the afternoon sessions or 6:30 – 8:30p for the evening classes during the following sessions:
- March 12th – April 30th
- May 7th – July 2nd (No Class June 4th)
- July 9th – August 27th
- September 3rd – October 22nd
- October 29th – January 7th (No Class 11/26, 12/24, 12/31 Holidays)
Should something come up and a student cannot attend one of the classes, other arrangements can be made.
- A good set of pastels to start off with is Prismcolor, they are semi-soft and are available on Amazon for a good price.
- If you have other soft pastels you like please bring them.
- I also use pastel pencils for detail and blending. (Carbathello or Dewernt)
- Pastel sanded paper – My favorite is Fisher 400 which you can find at www.proartpanels.com , Uart paper grit #400 is good also and can be found on Amazon, Blick Arts or ProArt Panels.
- You can bring a floor easel if you wish to stand while painting and a plastic floor cloth to protect the floor. If you wish to sit you can either bring a table easel or work flat with an old towel under you painting.
- Paper towels and a spray bottle containing water.
- A backer board – a piece of foam core covered in brown paper works well.
- Push pins or masking tape – white
- Tarps will be provided under tables and chairs. Standing easels must have their own.
Any questions call Mary Ellen Brown at 603-233-2117 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
30 Temple Street
Nashua, United States