Learn WordPress Workshop – Wednesday, March 25, 2015
Event on 2015-03-25 10:00:00
Join us for a fun, interactive, and social workshop to help build and manage your website using WordPress through collaboration. This workshop will introduce any business person key concepts of website design, development, code and WordPress management to update and make changes to your website.
The Learn WordPress workshop gives you the opportunity to work in WordPress with an experienced web designer, who will educate, encourage and empower you to manage and maintain your own website, whether for small business, a personal website as a hobbyist, a professional site for a writers, a blogger. If you’re a graphic designer, virtual assistant, or administrative assistant looking to manage their own site and/or client and corporate sites, this workshop is for you.
This workshop takes place in a small setting with no more than 12 learners per workshop session. This small group allows everyone to have an opportunity to interact with the instructor one-on-one for hands-on website coaching and support, design and development tips unique to you business.
You’ll also gain a stronger understanding of branding, content development, SEO, design, and marketing strategies to build, grow and make your website work for you! We’ll learn about HTML and CSS, the WordPress dashboard, widgets, and plugins. We will discuss everything you need to know about the user interface in WordPress so you feel comfortable managing your website when solo, with practical, real-life, hands-on experience. Plus you’ll gain confidence knowing how to talk about technology, design and development to your web design team.
It doesn’t matter what your technical, design or coding abilities are. We’re here to help you learn so you can maximize your personal and business potential to learn WordPress. We encourage you to push through limitations and barriers regardless of your technical skills. We’re here to help.
What does the course include?
- Access to your lead instructor five days after training to help answer any questions and inquiries around the content delivered.
- A PDF copy of the workshop material delivered in advance, and a free download is always accessible from our website for your own reference and notes.
- A hard copy of material provided at the workshop, so there’s no need to print downloads in advance.
- Intimate class sizes so you can ask questions, discuss your business venture, product and/or service one-on-one gaining valuable insight, tips, ideas and suggestions to win confidence to bring you to market.
- Light refreshments and coffee is included.
Who should attend?
- Entrepreneurs who want to gain a better understanding of web design and development in WordPress to maximize their budget
- Business owners who want to find new resources and learn to talk tech with their web team.
- Business start-ups who would like to work collaboratively, and generate new ideas for their website.
- Enterprising people who want to create a business presence and don’t know how to start.
- Bloggers, writers, art directors, marketing coordinators, and project managers looking to develop a professional advantage over competitors.
- Students and recent graduates looking for tech training to leverage themselves as professionals in their industry.
- Managers looking to train a staff or team of people.
- New business owners looking for intimate class sizes to ask questions, get answers, tips, suggestions and insight to develop and refine their website.
No graphic design, website development, HTML, CSS or WordPress experience necessary. Just an appetite to know more. We will start right from the beginning, showing you how to login and start updating content!
What you can bring (they are not mandatory)
- Your laptop (we’ll provide WiFi), pen or pencil, and a notebook for jotting down ideas and sketches.
- Bring your power cord.
Section 1 – Getting Started with WordPress
Section 2 – Administration & Content Creation
Section 3 – Understanding Website Design, Themes & Plugins
Section 4 – Marketing & Maintaining Your Website
Email us at hi [at] actuallywecreate.com.
Can't make this workshop? No worries! The next one is a full day workshop happening Wednesday, April 1st, 2015.
*This venue is not wheelchair accessible.
*If for any reason you cannot make the workshop check out our refund policy.
at 25 Dunlop Street East