LinkedIn: Back-to-Basics (London)
Event on 2015-03-17 09:00:00
Registration/coffee/networking 9am. Session starts 9.30am.
This 2 hour session is for anyone who has set-up a LinkedIn profile, visited the site when they receive an email and then wondered ‘now what?’ Examples and case studies are used throughout.
Questions and interactivity between delegates is encouraged.
The maximum number per session is 15. Tea, coffee and water available on arrival.
Before the session we will go through your profile to tailor the advice given. The room and session leader will be available for an hour after the session, so feel free stay for a while and ask more questions!
Who should attend?
Directors, Managers and Executives in any function, who are new to or have limited experience of social media and LinkedIn in their role.
If you want more inbound leads, warm sales calls and more business opportunities, this session is for you.
Attendance certificates are available upon request.
By the end of the session you will understand…
- The importance of business networking and the benefits of LinkedIn
- The types of LinkedIn accounts
- The various levels of your network
- How to build your basic profile
- How to promote your LinkedIn profile
- The importance of your headline
- How to write a great summary
- How to navigate your home page
- How to add rich media to your profile
- How to be in control of your privacy
- The courtesies and etiquettes of LinkedIn
- How to manage connections and manage invitations
- The value of status updates
- How to measure the value of your investment (time/energy)
- How to manage your time on LinkedIn
- What you need to do next (your personal action plan)
Session Leader – Luan Wise
Luan Wise is an independent marketing practitioner, with 12+ years experience in full service agency, client side and consultancy roles.
Highly qualified, Luan has a BA (Hons) Business Studies degree from Sheffield Business School, postgraduate diplomas from the Institute of Direct & Digital Marketing (IDM) and Institute of Promotional Marketing (IPM) plus the CAM Award for Digital Marketing Planning. In 2012 Luan achieved Chartered Marketer status and was nominated one of the UK’s Top 50 Creative Freelancers by industry publication The Drum.
Luan has worked for clients of all sizes, from household names such as Hilton and University of Cambridge to the kinds of companies that are big in their field but unknown to the wider world. As Marketing Manager for a B2B organisation in the marketing services sector she supported sales growth from £3m turnover to £60m turnover over 5 years (featuring in the Sunday Time Virgin Fast Track 100 two years running). During that time the organisation also won new product awards, were nominated as supplier of the year by a trade body and named business of the year by a regional media title.
* This Back-to-Basics session is followed by a Masterclass session starting at 1pm. If you would like to also attend this session click here and use the promo code ‘B2B’ for a 10% discount.
Check www.houseofburlesque.co.uk for venue update
London, United Kingdom