Liverpool CPD Accredited Seminar
Event on 2013-02-12 14:00:00
Referral Fees: Prohibition , Problems & Solutions
The Jackson reforms are soon to be implemented and the forthcoming ban on referral fees will radically change the way in which clients with personal injury claims are sourced and dealt with. As such Zoodle Events are pleased to invite you to our upcoming CPD Networking Seminar which will outline the problems and offer alternative solutions to referral fees.
This professional seminar is a great opportunity to meet other professionals in the industry, gain required CPD points, and hear from experts about the new developments and how you can overcome the problems that these change will bring.
The seminar will cover the following topics:
Surviving the referral fee ban
- Sections 56-60 of the LASPO Act 2012
- SRA Code of Conduct 2011 Chapter 9 on Fee Sharing Referrals
- Proposed new SRA Regulations
- The SRA’s perspective
- Different Strategies (ABS, multiple ABS, Agency Agreements, Licensing etc)
- Becoming an ABS (how, timing, pros & cons etc) and other opportunities
- Law firm concerns – future of injury litigation; fight or flight response?
- What is happening on the ground – merger, acquisition and sale
- Why some firms are actually expanding
- Impact of financial future – proposed fixed fee regime
- Why are law firms looking at more niche areas of injury litigation such as Clinical Negligence, and do they know what they are doing?
- Future of client capture post referral fee ban – what are law firms saying/doing?
Digital Marketing for the new world of PI
- Medical Negligence Marketing in the past 6 months and why we should be scared
- Impact of the mobile on the Personal Injury sector
- How any website can look great, feel great and be a great big let-down (and the opposite!)
- PPC & SEO Introductions, Strategies and Best Practice for the Legal Market
Chris Kirk-Blythe, Director LBS Legal – Chris has expertise in regulatory compliance, SRA investigations and prosecutions, financial services for solicitors, ARP issues, anti-money laundering, conveyancing quality scheme and Lexcel accreditation, in addition to outcomes focused regulation. He has significant experience gained with a leading national law firm and is the former Managing Director of Manchester Law Society
Zoe Holland, Managing Direct Zebra LC – Zoe is a nationally recognised solicitor in serious injury litigation and clinical negligence. As a clinical negligence specialist, Zoe has lectured nationally, including for Manchester & Salford University on healthcare litigation issues, Walton Centre for Neurosciences on issues of clinical risk, and brain injury case management organisations. In her role as legal management consultant she has presented to national banks such as the RBS and NatWest and the national accountancy ICAEW Solicitors Group on issues of WIP valuation and injury litigation risk profiling.
As Managing Director of Zebra Legal Consulting, she works with law firms and their key stakeholders to implement operational and strategic processes to support law firms to profitably embrace injury litigation futures.
Andy Smith, Head of Online Marketing at Zoodle Media – With 12 years’ experience in Digital Marketing and having worked for some of the largest online marketing agencies in the UK, Andy supplies a wealth of knowledge, creativity and practical skills ready to enliven your internet marketing campaigns. An advocate of Online PR as oppose to traditional SEO and link building, as Head of Online Marketing with www.zoodlemedia.co.uk he is at the forefront of the new World of SEO believing “Links lie, Brand is better but Reputation is Ranking”.
Standard tickets: £210 + booking fee
Early bird tickets: £150 + booking fee (ends 25th Jan 2013 – 4pm)
Free place for any non-qualified individual with every paying Solicitor.
The CPD event runs from 14:00 – 17:00 with networking and drinks from 17:00 – 19:00.
Terms & Conditions
You have 7 working days (not including weekends or Bank Holidays) after purchasing your ticket to get a full refund, unless you purchased your ticket within 10 days of the event, and in this case will have 48 hours in which to claim a refund. Tickets cannot be refunded after the event. Refunds must be requested by e-mail and sent to email@example.com. Booking fees are NON-REFUNDABLE
There will be an administration fee of £5.95 for every refund. It is at the discretion of the organisers for details and speakers at the seminar to change up until the time the event starts
at The Crowne Plaza Liverpool
St Nicholas Place
Liverpool, United Kingdom