Lunch & Learn: Search Engine Marketing
Event on 2013-09-27 12:00:00
In 2012, North American advertisers spent .51 billion (US) on Search Engine Marketing. As of 2006, SEM was growing much faster than traditional advertising and other channels of online marketing.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) originated as a broad term for Internet marketing that included paid search results (using tools like Google Adwords) and organic search results (Search Engine Optimization).
Today, SEM usually refers to paid advertising. It’s all about getting better leads & bigger sales, about “Adspend R.O.I.” (getting more conversions for less money). Learn about:
- SEM – How advertising on line is different from other advertising
- Target customers – Identifying them and then reaching them
- Keywords – They really are key
- Three lines – 90 characters total. That’s all you get; How to make them count
- Waze – The new craze. How it can drive business to your location
- Adwords and YouTube – Ads in videos; How you can get in on the action
- How a Broke, Frustrated Bicycle Shop Owner Tripled Revenue in 2 Years!
About Heather: Heather is a seasoned internet marketing expert and Google Certified Adwords Partner who loves to make money for her clients. She designed her first web page in 1996 after teaching herself to code HTML in Windows Notepad. Heather participates in an elite web marketing mastermind group and reinvests regularly in her education. She is a member of the National Honor Society Phi Kappa Phi, and was named Entrepreneur of the Year of Frederick County, Maryland by her peers in 2002 for her award winning web design and internet marketing company Gecko Media Group. She is donating her valuable time and expertise for this lunch & learn (thank you, Heather!).
at Cowork Frederick
122 East Patrick Street
Frederick, United States