Make the Most of Your Online Presence (Stornoway)
Event on 2013-02-12 09:30:00
Making the most of your online presence
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar is teaming up with AmbITion Scotland to provide digital training to the creative and cultural sector in the Outer Hebrides. Our first session is being held in Stornoway in February 2013, with scope for other events elsewhere in the islands depending on demand.
This full-day training brings together three key topics – Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Conversion and Analytics – to help you make sure that your customers can find you. That once they find you, you have strategies to make the most of their interest. And finally, so that you can measure your success, set effective targets and measure against them.
- Research has consistently shown that the majority of traffic to organisations websites is driven by search.* Make sure that your site is set up to give it best chance of ranking highly in search results by learning how to optimise your SEO.
- There are better ways to build relationships with customers through digital channels. The conversion funnel explores practical techniques across traffic generation, lead generation and conversion.
- Once you've done all that, how do you know you are having any success? Knowing the basics of Google Analytics can provide a way to assess your current level of traffic and set realistic targets for growth.
AmbITion Scotland workshops are held in small groups, offering hands-on tuition and one-to-one support from the most knowledgeable practitioners in the business.
Past attendees said:
So many useful hints and tips on SEO pitched at a level that was understandable. Came away with many applicable suggestions for my organisation and some suggestions on a manageable plan of action – excellent!
Talking about statistics and ways of collating data and organising reports can be a fairly dull subject, however I thought David did an excellent job at talking about Google Analytics and I was surprised at how powerful this tool can be.
- Laptop computer with wireless connectivity
- Full login access to the organisation’s Google Analytics account
Trainer: David Craik
He works with digital start-ups and SMEs, including cultural organisations such as Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and The National Piping Centre.
David was previously Head of Marketing at s1, where he helped grow the business from start-up to become Scotland's most successful digital media brand, winning more than 40 marketing awards, including being first runner up Young Marketer of the Year.
at Creative Industries and Media Centre
56 Seaforth Rd
Western Isles, United Kingdom