Making the Most of Social & Digital Media
Event on 2014-01-15 09:30:00
This course is designed for people who are already familiar with using key social platforms – particularly Twitter, Facebook – and are interested in how to make the most of social and digital media in their campaigns and digital communications.
You will have one day in the classroom, and then a half day follow up session two weeks later, which you can use to review your draft social media strategy or action plan, and revisit what you learnt on the course.
Course will cover
- Quick review of the ‘big four’ platforms
- How to build a following on Facebook and Twitter
- How to develop a social media strategy
- Running a great campaign using social media – case study
- New developments in social media advertising and targeting
- Useful tools for monitoring and evaluation
- Horizon-scanning: Up and coming social media platforms
- The Power of Google – SEO basics and useful tools for keyword research
- Introduction to paid and organic search
- Bringing it together – what’s your social media content marketing plan?
- Participants are expected to already be familiar with key social media platforms.
About the Trainer
Kim is a strategic consultant with ten years’ experience working with public sector organisations, businesses and charities on effective digital communication. She has worked with 10 Downing Street, British Airways, Department of Health and several schools, setting up their social media activities and planning campaigns that make the most of digital platforms.
She was responsible for the Twitter account for the Government Chief Scientist, ran the first online advertising campaign for Barclays bank, leads on British Airways’ Perfect Days Live social media travel guides, and recently set up the social media programmes for the Made In Hackney community food kitchen. She has also written articles on social media and digital content for the Independent and Econsultancy.
at BARNET MULTICULTURAL COMMUNITY CENTRE
Hendon, United Kingdom