MBA of Home-Based Business 3-part series July 8, 15 & 22
Event on 2013-07-08 18:30:00
MBA of Home-Based Business
BiGAUSTIN is excited to introduce the “MBA of Home Based Business”, a 3-part workshop that will take you on an expert-guided tour to help you understand how to start and grow a successful home based business. Over the course of 6 hours of training, BiGAUSTIN will provide you with the resources you need to learn how to setup the business, how to reach out to your customers, how to start a business account, make sales, pay taxes, earn profits and grow your business.
This 3-part series is designed to help both entrepreneurs who are already operating and those who are interested in starting their own home-based business. This is a great opportunity to learn how to turn your passion in to a business. A brief outline of each of the sessions in the series is presented below:
Session 1. Getting Started
July 8th 6:30pm – 9:00pm
– Legal structures – learn which structure best fits your business
– Permits, licenses and certifications – learn how, where and how much it costs to setup your business
– Regulations, requirements, restrictions – specifics for home-based businesses
– Safety issues & meeting place – learn best practices for a home-based business
– Tax provisions, deductions –what you need to know from a legal standpoint
Session 2. Reaching Your Market from Home
July 15th 6:30pm – 9:00pm
– Value proposition – determine what unique benefits your business provide
– Market analysis – how to learn about the industry, competitors and customer segments
– Marketing strategies – how to determine what your niche market and how to reach out to it
– E-commerce – website tools, learn how to work with SEO, social media, e-mail marketing
Session 3. Show Me the Money!
July 22nd 6:30pm – 9:00pm
– Startup estimate – determine how much money you need to get started
– Flow of cash – understand operating costs and revenue streams, develop a Sales forecast
– Understand and interpret financial statements – P&L, cash flow, balance sheet
– Funding options – how to get the capital you need for your business
– Special opportunity to learn about City of Austin’s “Individual Development Account” program – the smart alternative for funding
a home-based small business
All these and more topics will be covered during this 3-part series. Guest speakers with vast experience with home-based businesses will also provide information and will be available for Q&A at the end of each session.
BiGAUSTIN will also provide you the special opportunity to learn more information about City of Austin’s “Individual Development Account” program, in which for every dollar you invest in your small business, the City will add 3 more!
After completing the 3-part series, further assistance will be available in the form of individual business counseling, guidance on developing your business plan, in-depth workshops on topics of interest for your specific business needs as well as flexible loans.
Seating is limited. Register today!
at BiGAUSTIN Training Room
5407 North IH-35, Suite 200
Austin, United States