Mobile Monday Usability/Accessibility Brainstorm DFW
Event on 2013-04-15 18:00:00
About the Event
In support of the coinciding April 2013 Accessibility Summit and the following M-Enabling Summit in June 2013, Nokia Developer outreach will host a Mobile Monday brainstorming workshop on Mobile Usability and Accessibility. The goal is to explore obstacles and opportunities in mobile device use, particularly focusing on challenges involving touchscreens. Please come prepared with ideas for a stimulating session! Refreshments will be available.
The workshop will be led by Randall "texrat" Arnold of the Nokia Developer outreach team along with a panel of subject matter experts.
- Michael Perry
- Lance McCarthy (Nokia Developer Ambassador for Boston area; via online conferencing)
- Ryan Lowdermilk (Microsoft Developer Evangelist)
There are no plans for actual coding, but let's use the time to plan a follow-up event with the discussed themes in mind. We'll hold some sort of giveaway involving Windows Phone– details to follow!
For related and supporting materials, see:
- SUNspot – Use of Wireless Devices by People with Disabilities (PDF)
- A Challenge for Universal Access and Engagement
- The Elements Of The Mobile User Experience
- The UX Future: “Touchscreens” Even for the Blind?
- CES 2013: The tablet that turns itself lumpy
- Mobile Accessibility – The Status of Accessibility in Mobile Devices
- Lightning Design Reviews: feedback from experienced Windows Phone 8 interface designers
- Deaf woman's eBay complaint highlights dispute over Web access for disabled
Looking for more panelists– contact us if you're interested! Helpful skills and backgrounds: sociology, psychology, physical rehabilitation, usability, industrial design, etc.
at Nokia Irving campus
6021 Connection Drive
Irving, United States