Multimedia reporting with iPhone and iPad
Event on 2015-04-30 10:00:00
One-day course: A masterclass in creating interactive visual media using mobile devices
With mobile reporting skills now top of the agenda for many news outlets, this one-day workshop is a masterclass in how to produce interactive visual media using just your smartphone.
It offers a great foundation course for getting started in mobile video production, teaching how to report and edit visual stories.
This course is also available at a discount if booked as part of a two-day workshop alongside mobile video reporting, the ideal follow-up for those who want to take their knowledge to the next level.
Led by Robb Montgomery, this course is designed to teach the fundamentals of producing high quality visual stories incorporating videos and interactive images.
Suitable for both foundation and intermediate students, it is aimed at reporters, editors, new media managers, media professionals, content marketers, communications heads, journalism educators and web producers.
While it focuses primarily on iOS devices, it will also include tips and advice for Android and Windows phones.
Delegates will participate in exercises that involve visual story planning, visually-led reporting techniques and writing to pictures.
Mastering the apps is woven into ever step, but the emphasis remains on building quality stories, no matter the form.
As with all Journalism.co.uk courses, the training will have an emphasis on practical, hands-on learning. A sandwich buffet lunch plus tea, coffee and pastries is included.
What will the course cover?
- How to produce interactive images which include web links and audio
- Best practices for planning and sharing multimedia
- Camera and photo techniques to get the most out of smartphone apps
- The most practical apps and techniques to get great results
What will you learn?
- Hands-on experience of storytelling techniques for creating snack-sized and shareable content for mobile
- How to master visual story planning and writing to pictures
- A comprehensive view of how field reporters can create a range of multimedia content
- How to organise workflows to create mobile multimedia when working remotely
Please bring: A laptop. An iPad or iPhone running iOS8 is also recommended in order to take part in all of the exercises, although tips and apps for Android and Windows Phone will also be shown.
Participants will receive a comprehensive list of apps, gear and accounts to set up before the workshop.
at The Bridge
81 Southwark Bridge Road
The Borough, United Kingdom