Persuasive Psychology for Interactive Design
Event on 2013-05-27 09:00:00
Persuasive Psychology for Interactive Design
By Brian Cugelman, PhD
Two days 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Limited space. Secure your spot now and save .
If you’re looking to design more engaging digital technologies and want quick results, then this course is for you. Over two days, Brian Cugelman, PhD will show you how to design more engaging websites, social media profiles, mobile apps, and online ads.
During the course, Brian will introduce you to the key principle of persuasive design, using clear visual examples, and hands-on exercises to reinforce your understanding and new skills. Offering a blend of scientific principles, concrete examples, and practical exercises, you will get on the fast-track toward designing technologies that are more engaging.
Why you should attend
- Design more engaging websites, social profiles, mobile apps, or online ads
- Save time and money by starting your next project with a list of scientifically validated design principles
- Save even more time by using wireframe templates based on popular persuasive strategies
- Improve your existing technologies or campaigns by auditing your persuasive architecture and identifying missing success factors
- Reverse engineer the key persuasion factors that make your competitors’ technologies successful. Then build something better.
- Obtain exclusive persuasive design resources and tools to gain a competitive advantage
- MODULE 1: Change and persuasion
- MODULE 2: Influencing people, communities and markets
- MODULE 3: Processes of change
- MODULE 4: Interacting with technology
- MODULE 5: Communicating in cyberspace
- MODULE 6: Evidence-based behavioural design
- MODULE 7: The persuasive design toolkit: ingredients
- MODULE 8: Learning to identify persuasive ingredients (hands-on exercise)
- MODULE 9: The persuasive design toolkit: recipes
- MODULE 10: Learning to identify persuasive recipes (exercise)
- MODULE 11: Building evidence-based creative briefs
- MODULE 12: Implementing evidence-based creative briefs
- MODULE 13: Using research to learn what works
- MODULE 14: From strategic thinking to implementation (exercise)
Who will benefit from this course
This course is designed for professionals who want quick guidance based on scientific evidence and industry best practices. This course is ideally suited to:
- Digital marketers and strategists
- Interactive designers
- Web and mobile developers
- Technology entrepreneurs
What you will be able to do
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the key factors that make digital technologies persuasive
- Critically assess your existing technologies and identify opportunities to make them more engaging
- Develop evidence-based creative briefs, helping you better manage the transition between engagement science and artful practice
- Design evidence-based health behaviour change technologies and digital campaigns
- Reverse engineer the ‘secret sauce’ of your competitors’ digital technologies
- Build persuasive architectures for key behavioural goals, products, and target audiences
- Explain why one design is better or worse than another, in terms of its potential impact on users
- Run experiments to rapidly fine-tune your designs
Obtain exclusive resources
By participating, you will gain access to the Persuasive Design Toolkit, including:
- The persuasive design checklist
- Templates of persuasive architectures
- Persuasive wireframes for a range of digital technologies
Hard science made simple
To make science easy to understand and apply, Brian has boiled-down decades of scientific research into a simple cookbook of persuasive design. You will first learn the key persuasive ingredients: scientifically validated influence principles. Then you will study popular recipes: scientific persuasion theories. Finally, you will learn how to identify the ‘secret sauce’ behind interactive technologies: the psychological architectures that lie behind the world’s top sites and apps.
Tailored to your needs
All participants will be invited to complete a needs assessment, to ensure the content is relevant. Also, you will be invited to bring a project of your choosing, so that by the end of the course, you can walk away with new thinking, strategies, and blueprints.
This is an intermediate level course. Participants must already possess a basic understanding of online technology and interactive design.
Limited space per course. Secure your spot now and save .
Terms and conditions
Exclusive use: All participants will receive persuasive design tools that are not available to the public. These tools may be used to support commercial or non-commercial projects. The content and tools are licensed for sharing with up to 5 persons within each participant’s organization. However, usage is subject to these restrictions. The course content and tools may not be reworked, repackaged, rebranded, distributed, or used to build derivative educational products. This restriction does not apply to content that is already publicly available.
Cancellation and refund policy: Registrants who cancel their reservation 14 calendar day prior to the start date, will receive a 100% refund. Registrants who cancel their reservation 13 to 7 days prior to the start date, can elect to receive a 50% refund or 100% credit towards future training. Registrants who cancel their reservation 6 days prior to the start date, will not be refunded or can elect to receive a 75% credit towards future training. As an exception, if we are able to fill the space we previously held for the registrant, we will provide a 100% refund. In the case of an emergency, AlterSpark reserves the right to cancel this course up to 7 days prior to the start. If we need to cancel the course, all registrants will receive a 100% refund. AlterSpark will not be held liable for any expenses incurred by registrants.
at CSI Annex – Meeting Room 1
720 Bathurst St.