Public Speaking Workshop – Connect, Communicate, Convince!
Event on 2013-10-14 19:00:00
Do you ever have difficulty in getting your message across to customers, colleagues or others? In grabbing (and keeping) your audience’s attention, so that they really listen to what you are saying? Are you usually able to persuade your audience to do or think what you want them to? Or do you sometimes find yourself lost for words, or unsure how to deal with hostile or difficult questions?
If you have had these kinds of difficulties, you are not alone. Many intelligent people find talking or presenting in public a nerve-racking and difficult experience.
But help is available! Gordon Reid is a former British Diplomat with extensive experience in preparing and delivering speeches and presentations to audiences large and small. In this two-day workshop, he will share with you some highly practical tips and techniques to help you overcome your fears and learn how to really connect, communicate and convince!
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:-
- Know what makes an effective public speaker/presenter (and what doesn’t!)
- Be able to plan and structure a presentation or speech, including setting clear objectives (what messages do you want to put across?), and how to tailor your content and style to your particular audience
- Use a range of language and verbal techniques, such as attention-grabbers and signposting, to help get and keep your audience’s attention, and guide them through your key messages
- Develop and use visual aids effectively (avoiding ‘death by PowerPoint’!)
- Put yourself and your message across clearly, positively and convincingly
- Practise all the above
Preparing your presentation
- Problems and fears with presentations (and how to overcome these).
- What makes an effective presenter? Things to do – and things to avoid.
- How to plan a presentation, and tailor it to your particular audience.
- Why it is essential to set clear objectives for your presentation; and how to do this.
- How to structure a presentation or speech. This includes: effective introductions (how to get the audience’s attention); how to lead your audience smoothly from one idea or section to another (signposts); and how to end with a bang. You will learn key useful language expressions for all of these elements.
Delivering your presentation
- Using visual aids, especially PowerPoint, effectively. What to do…and what not to do!
- How to adopt a positive presentation style and connect with your audience. This includes: dress, posture and mannerisms; eye contact with the audience; energy and enthusiasm; and controlling your
- Pronunciation and voice projection: how to speak clearly and ensure you are interesting, not boring!
- How to handle awkward questions – and get the audience on your side.
Each participant will prepare and deliver a short presentation – an opportunity to put into practice the skills learnt earlier in the workshop. This will be followed by a feedback session.
Who should attend?
This course will benefit anyone who is required to stand up and speak to an audience – large or small, public or internal within their organisation. That includes executives, middle managers and above, public relations and sales staff…and many others. Participants need to have a good level of English.
The course consists of presentations by the trainer interspersed with a range of exercises and other activities. It is highly interactive, so participants must come ready to take active part. Participants will also receive full handouts with key points from the course to take away with them.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Call us at 603-4042 3309 or email to email@example.com
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
A ticket can be transfer for 1 person at a time. You need to email to us the name and other details (eg. contact number, email etc) of the person that you wish to transfer to.
Can I update my registration information?
Please click here for details
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You are required to bring the printed ticket to the event
What is the refund policy?
Please click here for details
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
A letter of notification from the company/attendee is required for replacement or substitutes of participant(s) arrangement.
Cancellation/Transfer / Refund
Written cancellation/transfer notice received
~ 2 weeks before the event, full refund of registration fee will be made
~ Less than 7 working days before the event are subject to administtrative fee of 25% of the full registration fee
~ You may substitute an alternate participant(s) or transfer to another program with 7 working days of notice. Any difference in fees will be charged accordingly.
at Park Royal
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia