RIL Education Foundation Presents: A Golden Night of Jazz with Marcus Johnson
Event on 2015-05-02 19:00:00
A Golden Night of Jazz with Marcus Johnson
(Guest artist: Keith Anderson)
This event is sponsored by the Rho Iota Lambda Education Foundation in collaboration with the Rho Iota Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
This event benefits the educational programs for young men and women
particularly in the areas of math and science
For more Information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What can I expect at A Golden Night at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts?
Sophisticated elegance, a unique locale, an interactive fundraising experience and a spectacular jazz concert promises to make A Golden Night one of this year's most exciting and talked about events. It is our hope that guests will find A Golden Night to be more than a fundraiser, but a festive and stimulating opportunity to support a great cause while enjoying the world-class fine art of the VMFA American Art Gallery, the great music of contemporary jazz keyboardist and pianist Marcus Johnson, an indulgently delicious selection of heavy hors d'oeuvres and great fellowship.
What is the attire?
A Golden Night is a festive, elegant affair. Black tie and formal wear is recommended.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Since bar service will be available, guests are asked to bring a valid ID to the event.
What are my parking options at the event?
Event parking is included in the price of your event ticket. The VMFA parking deck can be accessed from the main museum entrance on Boulevard (200 N. Boulevard, Richmond, VA 23220) or from the intersection of Sheppard Street and Stuart Avenue. Walkways leading to the museum are available on every level.
How will funds raised at A Golden Night be used?
The proceeds and generous donations from patrons of A Golden Night will support critical education programming, partnerships and scholarships leading to the advancement of underrepresented youth in higher education with a particular focus in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education; creating critical thinkers, increasing science literacy and enabling the next generation of innovators.
Wow! I really believe in this effort. What are my options for supporting* A Golden Night and the Rho Iota Lambda Education Foundation (RIL Foundation)?
There are a variety of ways you can support our event and cause. We developed A Golden Night's fundraising experience to appeal to a diverse audience from the individual giver to corporate sponsors including:
- Purchase a ticket…or two. Come, bring a friend or date, and be a part of the festivities and learn more about the RIL Foundation and how you can be involved.
- Participate in the Silent Auction that will include a variety of unique treasures, cultural activities, and relaxing activity packages.
- Capture the moment through photos and artistic renderings provided by onsite photographers and sketch artists.
- Visit our Social Media Zone and share your images and comments about A Golden Night with your friends and family.
- Donate. Whether you are onsite or at home, have or ,000, your contribution to the programming of the RIL Foundation is critical to our efforts to support the postivie advancement and outcomes of our youth in the Greater Richmond Region. More info about "Corporate Level" sponsorships and benefits to follow.
- Volunteer your time and expertise (marketing, public relations, event planning, technology, fundraising, etc.). Please contact the RIL Foundation for more information.
* The Rho Iota Lambda Education Foundation is a registered non-profit 501(c)(3). All donations are tax deductable.
Can I buy tickets at the door?
In order to provide the very best experience for all our guests, tickets will not be available for purchase at the door. We would love for everyone to join us in this amazing experience in person, but unfortunately space is limited. Therefore, when all of our tickets are sold, we will not be able to offer additional tickets for sale. Please be sure to purchase your tickets as soon as possible. We are looking forward to sharing this amazing night with you. See you on Saturday, May 2nd…at A Golden Night!
Where can I contact the organizer with questions regarding the event?
at Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
2800 Grove Avenue
Richmond, United States