Search Engine Optimization Seminar
Event on 2013-03-20 13:00:00
Learn how to make your website work for you! This seminar will give you insight into how to optimize your website so that it shows up higher in search engine results organically.
- Search Engine Optimization Seminar will be offered on March 20th & 27th (two part series) from 1:00 – 5:00 at DemandQuest Minneapolis. The course fee is 0 (5 per). Instructors Aaron Weiche & Mike Rynchek from Spyder Trap Online Marketing
Introduction to Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Design and Architecture: Learn how to create or optimize a site that will perform well in search engines and generate organic leads. Determine your most potent keywords, learn how search engines spider and rank your site and how to create the most impressive online presence without advertising. Class outline:One of the most important components of SEO success is the Site Architecture. Designing and creating your site correctly the first time is critical. In our introduction to SEO, you will learn:
- The three elements that make up the foundation of your website.
- Why search engines like CSS more than tables.
- Why you don't want to link to 80% of your products.
- Why you shouldn't refer to your homepage as "Home".
- Why you need to avoid overusing keywords.
- Why you should never delete content – even seasonal content.
Keyword Researchis the next most important part of creating an effective website that will attract legitimate customers who are searching for your site. You will learn:
- How to build a solid keyword list for your site.
- How and where to blend long tail and short tail terms into your strategy.
- How to analyze your competition and finding out where they are vulnerable.
- To develop a realistic timeline for competitive term ranking.
- Keyword tools that can help you generate concrete keyword lists.
What are your competitors optimizing for and how can you stand out? Competitive Analysislets you evaluate your keyword decisions in relation to your competition. You'll have a much better idea of which terms your competitors are optimizing for, how successful they've been, where their weaknesses are, and consequently where your SEO efforts should focus. You will learn:
- Why you shouldn't necessarily target the highest volume keywords.
- Why exact match domains are hard to compete with.
- How to analyze your competition and finding out where they are vulnerable.
- The principles of SEO warfare.
Copywriting for better Search Engine Optimization is tricky but very do-able. Understanding how search engines see on-page content, title tags and meta descriptions, and how users view your search results is a requirement for good rankings, good conversions, and lower bounce rates. The challenge is making your copy read well for your users while simultaneously satisfying the search engines. You will learn:
- Why context is so important.
- The difference between writing for your audience and writing for search.
- How to organize your content by keyword.
On-Page Optimization: Get a comprehensive overview of all things on-page SEO. From a well-optimized web page all the way to handling 404 pages, 301 redirects, and the importance of site maps, this module covers all the details you'll need. If your site is blog-based or you use a CMS, you'll especially appreciate the section on duplicate content. You will learn:
- The primary differences between on-page vs off-page optimization.
- How to properly name your directories and pages.
- How Meta Description tags are best utilized in today's search-based web culture.
- How to dodge some common CMS problems in your header tags.
- Why duplicate content is bad, and what to do about it.
Once your SEO optimization techniques are in place, there's another important part of the SEO puzzle to be mastered – Link-Building. The way the search engines see it, the more important the sites are that link to you, the more important your site must be. Therefore, it becomes critically important to understand the delicate art and science of building an effective inbound link strategy. You will learn:
- The types of links available and which ones to try to get.
- Strategies for requesting links from 3rd party websites.
- The ins and outs of purchasing paid links (avoiding black hat practices).
- Engaging the blogging community for links.
- Negotiating for links.
Everyone loves going local. Learn how to Optimize for Local Search Results. Learn sure fire techniques to get ranked locally when people are searching for your services near their own home towns. You will learn:
- Ways to get listed locally for free.
- Optimizing the pages that are most important to search engines.
- Strategies for premium listings in the search engines.
- Staying away from PPC when driving traffic to local search results.
Analytics & Tracking:Broaden your understanding of SEO outside of website and inbound link optimization. Learn how to track your SEO performance, get a tour of the top SEO tools, and find out which tools you can't live without. You will learn:
- Why tracking rankings is a double-edged sword.
- Our favorite free and paid tracking tools.
- How to find out if you're on any email black lists.
- How to cover your tracks with a proxy switcher.
- Where to find the best rank checkers, user testing sites, productivity tools, and more.
Search Engine Optimization Seminar will be offered on March 13th & 20th (two part series) from 1:00 – 5:00 at DemandQuest Minneapolis. Register today! About your Search Engine Optimization Seminar Leaders:
Mike Rynchek: Founder and President of Spyder Trap Based in Minneapolis, Spyder Trap is a full-service online and mobile marketing agency that develops customized marketing strategies, tools and tactics to meet the ever-changing technology needs of today's world. Mike's experience reaches back to the genesis of interactive marketing, and he actively continues his role as one of the industry's pioneers. Mike continues to be an instrumental part of the healthcare industry. His experience and expertise includes using technology to increase accessibility to and lower costs of healthcare through work with companies like Smith's Medical, Nestlé Nutrition, Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, the American Diabetes Association, and UnitedHealth Group. Mike currently serves as the Marketing Communications Chair for the American Diabetes Association Community Leadership Board. Learn more about Mike Rynchek and Spyder Trap by visiting www.SpyderTrap.com or the Spyder Trap Blog at www.SpyderTrap.com/blog. You can also follow him on Twitter at @MikeRynchek or @Spyder_Trap.
Aaron Weiche: Vice President of Spyder Trap Online Marketing Aaron Weiche has been involved with search marketing for over 10 years and has 14 years experience in the field of web design, development and online marketing. As Vice President of Spyder Trap Online Marketing in Minneapolis he works with organizations of all sizes from Fortune 100 to small businesses in all aspects of online marketing including search, social media, mobile, email, web design, e-commerce, analytics and more. Aaron has achieved certification of Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ). Aaron is featured speaker nationally on search engine optimization, mobile and web design as part of the Local University series. He has presented at or keynoted events for SCORE Minnesota, MIMA Summit, ICBM, MnSearch, Progressive, SMX Advanced and SMX East workshops. He has been featured as a Local Search Ranking Factors contributing expert for reports in 2010-2012 and is a founding board member of the Minnesota Search Engine Marketing Association. Learn more about Aaron Weiche and Spyder Trap by visiting www.SpyderTrap.com or the Spyder Trap Blog at www.SpyderTrap.com/blog.
DemandQuest: the Twin Cities' only Google Certified Partner offering complete training. DemandQuest was founded by marketing & sales entrepreneur Ted Kozlowski. Having crafted marketing solutions for a variety of organizations and industries, and having worked extensively with such internet marketing companies as Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Facebook and LinkedIn, DemandQuest’s founder and instructors are uniquely qualified to take the guesswork out of your marketing efforts and provide processes and solutions that are easy to use and affordable for businesses of all sizes.
at DemandQuest HQ
2112 Broadway Street NE
Minneapolis, United States